Chapter 7: Half Gone Half Alive

┌── ∘°❉°∘ ──┐
𝑅𝒶𝒾𝓃
└── °∘❉∘° ──┘

Maxon attacked coming in from the right, kicking the fire user in the side, while Skyler whacked him with...

A frying pan?

It made an echoing vibration of a noise, as she whacked him with it, somehow I didn't feel it—which I am very glad. It looked painful. While Skyler and Maxon attacked, the fire user who recovered from the frying pan blow really quickly. He had a sword that could act as a whip, and it left Maxon defenseless since he had nothing—except for his fists.

Zoe helped me up onto my feet and asked the simplest question. "Are you hurt?" She asked —ok not the simplest, but it's still a simple question. At least she was fretting over me like Savannah would be probably doing.

"Skyler, Zoe, Rain get out of here!!" Maxon shouted as he dodged a flaming whip—barely.

"What about you?!" I shouted as Skyler was almost dragging me out. "Just go!" He shouted back and he had a sharp and short yell, the whip must've gotten him.

Skyler pulled me out the door Zoe leading the way. My backpack was barely on my back, hanging off of one strap, my feet were pounding on the ground, as we ran through the hallway.

We finally made it to the door, I grabbed the doorknob but retracted as I heard a sizzling sound of burning.

Then I looked at my hand, but I wasn't affected —I guess I'm immune to burning and fire now. However, the knob of the backdoor is pretty much busted so we need to find another way out.

Skyler read my mind—literally. She kicked the door, and nothing happened. Zoe looked exhausted, which I guess is why she wasn't doing anything, using her powers of portals.

Skyler was very determined to break down that door. She was kicking it with all her might, she was starting to have a dim pinkish glow around her body, I tried kicking it as well, but the door wouldn't budge.

C'mon, how hard can it be to just bust through a door?!?!

................A lot harder than you think

I grit my teeth and felt the pressure on top of them. As I kicked the door, Skyler did a roundhouse kick her foot glowing with pink flames. Once her foot collided with the door, it swung open, everything else happened in slow motion, as Zoe and I pulled Skyler through the swung open door.

We both ran out carrying her very tired body out of the house until I realized I was on the ground.

Smoke burned my nose as I sat up, my vision was blurry and my head was pounding. It felt as if someone banged a gong in my mind. I saw Zoe trying to get up, Skyler didn't look good, it almost looked like she was trying to hold on to consciousness with one finger—ok I may be over exaggerating a little bit, but she still didn't look good.

Red and orange filled my vision when I faced my house, my ears were starting to ring now. My heart pounded in my chest, with unsteady beats. The first thing I thought, was this was all a bad dream and I would wake up in my room with no one chasing me, Skyler, Zoe, Maxon, Kota, and Savannah all happy and alright.

I couldn't hope, not now. We were placed in a bad position on E.S.L's board of play pieces. I had no idea where Savannah, Kota, and Maxon are or if they escaped the clutches of E.S.L yet. I stood up weakly, as my vision cleared, I could see that my house was burning, and smoke was spilling out of the windows. It rose and blended into the smoke covered sky. I inhaled carefully, trying not to breathe in too much carbon dioxide and sulfur.