1

"oh what a lovely morning, isn't it jimin dear?" 

a gravely, feminine voice echoed through the room. footsteps were heard trailing across the bedroom, each click of her heel becoming louder than the one before. jimin, feeling utterly disappointed that she had interrupted his slumber, let out an inaudible grumble.

the said woman drew his curtains, the early morning sun instantly shining down on the both of them, to which made jimin grumble yet again.

"now now, don't be like that, my dearest. your coming of age ceremony is today, we can't have you late to your own celebration, can we?" she chuckled, jimin grimacing as a response. the boy, having  little to no energy, slowly arose from his bed sheets, each strand of hair atop his head shamelessly looking disarranged and scruffy, lips pursed into a soft pout and cheeks a rosy shade from having his face pressed into the pillow throughout the night. 

the newfound light burned his retinas, leading him to cringe and shut his eyes to protect the beautiful, shining hue of cloudy sapphire. 

it was a special day indeed, his eighteenth birthday. the day he had always detested. 

the skin below his bum was ever so elegantly decorated with the well known black ink of the name of his eternal lover, his other half.. 

jungkook, it read, so dark and hauntingly beautiful in all its glory.

jimin never did understand why he'd never came across the mystery that was his soulmate, weren't their souls bonded together through the eternal curse that had each and every god and goddess on their knees, helpless? jungkook, of course, didn't want anything to do with the idea of finding his other half, the one he was emotionally attached to even though he had no knowledge of it yet.

he had come of age two years earlier, that day forever haunting him, as it was the day he felt his cold heart pound inside his chest a little harder and the day he swore on his own life that he felt a striking pain shoot through his body. almost, a feeling of longing and desire. undoubtedly, he pushed the memory of it all far beneath every other thought inside his head, to help ease the continuous pain of desperation.

what neither of them knew was the fact of just how much more gorgeous this cursed bundle of letters could be; most other god or goddess could easily locate the almost brightening black ink, the minority finding them between their pinter finger and thumb, forearm, or ankle.

jimin and jungkook were a special case, as everybody else had already known.

the woman, known as 'mother' to jimin and 'athena' to everyone else, turned her body, bright blue eyes shining down into jimin's sapphire ones as if a gentle warning to get his butt out of bed.

"mother, why must it be such a great deal if get out of bed so early? it is my birthday, isn't it? "
he asked coyly, trying not to anger his mother, as he knew her full authority.
one wrong word and he'd be home bound for another century
we can't have that, nope nope

---

jungkook's pov

I've never felt such pain. this burning, boiling under my skin has no explanation. the fiery sting spread through my head like wildfire, each yawn or grimace causing the thundering pain to return.

I knew what it was subconsciously, but what I didn't want to know was the reality I knew I'd need to face eventually. procrastinating was my only solution at this point but... did I really want to?

jimin

the name replayed through my mind like a broken record and I clenched my brows together in a pathetic attempt to stop it, but it only grew stronger.
it was almost as if it was taunting me, and oh how much I hated being defenseless and utterly weak to such a thing.

I, hades son, had a weakness.

and that pissed me off.