6. Without you

Lance walked into the main hall, seeing Coran helping a bunch of prisoners, all waiting patiently but anxiously, in anyway possible. Allura has her hands full with prisoners who are in need of medical attention. Shiro and Hunk were guiding prisoners out of Shiro's lion and into the main hall.

Keith runs up to Lance. "Where's Pidge? What happened? We weren't able to hear anything after that blast." Lance just stares at the ground not even acknowledging that he was there. "Lance. Lance!" Keith yelled.

"She's gone! OK! She's gone cause I didn't make it in time . . . she's g-gone . . . s-she's . . ." he trailed off, fresh tears falling on the ground. Keith shed a couple tears and reached out and hugged Lance.

Later, they dropped off the prisoners to a near-by, safe planet.  When the castle was back in space, everyone was quiet and mourned separately.

Coran cried in his room while looking and playing with a machine Pidge had made him. Allura cried in her room, as the little mice tried to comfort her. Hunk made Pidge's favorite dish, but cried during the process. Keith trained harder than usual, thinking of how Pidge risked her life for all of them, shedding a few tears. Shiro had punched a wall and thought of Matt, and his promise to protect Pidge. Shiro began to sob remembering her family, before he left earth on the Kerberos mission. Lance was playing a game but, when he died he threw his controller on the floor. 

Lance walked into Pidge's room and sat on her bed. He found a book that was thrown onto her bed, labeled DIARY. He opened to the last written page.:

My crush is Lance McClain. But I have chosen to slowly let go of him because it's for the best. I mean, he likes Allura and they even kissed. He likes feminine girls, which does not include me. He has never flirted with me. He only sees me as a friend, and nothing more. Plus, Lance deserves better than me. I don't think that I could give him enough time and love that he deserves. Turns out the odds are against me. I will keep my crush a secret and will slowly ignore Lance more and more, in hopes of getting over him. Signing off, Pidge.

This has been a difficult process. He looks sadder everyday. I don't think I'm getting over him. I just have been wanting to see him everyday even more. But I can't give in, I made a plan that can work if I just follow through with it. I know that he will never love me in the same way but even so, I am still in love with Lance. And I am afraid that it will never change. Signing off, Pidge.

He started to whimper, thinking back to mission. 'I love you, Lance McClain'. Tears began to stream down his face once again. He held the diary close to his heart, 'Now she will never know that how much I did really love her.