Chapter Twenty

I sat in the classroom and watched the clock in agony, Queen Bee had gotten info from a source that the showdown would occur today, so all there was left to do was to sit and wait.

We couldn't evacuate the students as it would probably (more like most likely) signal to Hawkmoth that we know what was to happen, and then we'd no longer have the upper hand on him.

Adrien sat beside me, tapping his pencil on the desk while his shoulder brushed up against mine every now and then. He was trying to calm me down, he knew that I often got nervous before missions, so this was his way of letting me know that he was there for me even if he couldn't outwardly be there.

The Wait Protocol kept chanting through my head as I went over the plans for the mission. The 'T' stood for Threat Eliminator, which should really stand for Target considering our job was to eliminate our target at all means necessary. Even if it means harming innocents in the process.

A few civilian lives mean nothing in the scheme of things if we can demolish a threat. WAIT could wipe the casualties off the face of the Earth, it would be like the casualties never existed, and hence there would be no proof of them ever dying indirectly or directly by our hands.

I had always hated that rule- more like a guideline actually, but nevermind that. It scared me, kept me on edge because even if I were to accidentally- or even purposefully- kill an innocent there would be no repercussions for me because technically Marinette Dupain-Cheng doesn't exist, so no authorities could ever hold her for trial. And as for Ladybug, she was nothing but a myth, one that was never told, she doesn't exist either.

As long as Ladybug gets her job done, everything was fine, as long as the mission was complete.

Adrien put his arm around my waist in comfort, seeing that I was lost in thought. His emerald eyes darted up to the clock, checking the time, before letting out a sigh and continuing to tap his pencil on the desk.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap-

The classroom door burst open and a student came running in breathlessly, "Lockdown!" Everyone burst into action, the door was shut and locked, the blinds were drawn, and all the students herded into the corner away from the door's view.

I looked at Adrien, how were we going to get out of this one?

-=-

Yo short bcs I have writers block and you know, highschool.

Hope you enjoyed it though!

-SecretsInMyHead