3.

-Next Morning (Sunday)-

I made breakfast and set up Theo's plate. I took it upstairs and walked into his room without knocking. "Aww you actually care about me."

"Sadly."

"Hey thank you. For this and for last night." He's thanking me? A smile crept on to my face. "No problem." I walked out and prepared Jake's plate then mine. "Morning." He walked in rubbing an eye. "Morning." I said placing the plates on the counter.

After breakfast, we bummed it out. Then I got in their pool right when Jake decided to go grocery shopping.

As I got out of the pool, Theo came out of the house. He opened his mouth to say something but I slipped and fell. He began to die of laughter but I felt an agonizing pain on the back of my left shoulder. I immediately sat up and there was blood.. a lot of it. "Shit."

He rushed over and helped me up as I began to get teary eyed. "I'm so sorry Cord." I couldn't say anything. I tried to swallow the pain as he helped me sit in his car. I don't know what I fell on but that's the least of my worries.

I was quickly sat on a gurney at the ER as they saw me cry and my entire back covered in blood. I began to get extremely dizzy. "What happened?" Asked the doctor rushing over as I was pushed into a room, Theo at our heels. "She got out of the pool, slipped and fell on a large piece of broken glass that I broke yesterday and forgot to pick up.. I'm so sorry Cord."

I just reached for his hand and he quickly got ahold of mine. Something inside of me clicked that for a split second I didn't feel pain. Then I snapped out of it and squeezed his hand as hard as I could.

"What's your name?" Asked the doctor as one nurse began cleaning up my back and another began to take out the glass fragments. "Cordelia Laughlin." He asked simple questions most of which I knew the answers to.

I had Theo call my dad. I made him reassure him that it wasn't anything major to get him out of work. Then I had to speak to him so he wouldn't leave work because he's one stubborn man. Then Jake called me. "Hey where are you?"

"E.R."

"What happened? I'll be there in a few." He hung up. Bruh. "I'm so sorry Cord." Theo kept repeating. What do I say? That its okay? Is it really? "Sh." Was all I could mutter.

As they finished discharging me, Jake flew into the ER. "What happened?? Are you okay?? Where are your clothes?" He noticed my whole shoulder bandaged up. "We'll talk outside, c'mon."

We began walking towards the parking lot. "I slipped and fell on a big piece of glass."

"Im so sorry Cord.I forgot to pick it up yesterday.."

"So its your fault!? The reason she's hurt!" Jake turned red from anger. Its kinda adorable actually. He reminds me of a chihuahua when he gets all fired up. Usually it happens when he thinks he can fight someone, but Theo always steps in and takes over.

"Hey calm down. It was an accident." I said noticing Theo getting mad too. Its never pretty when they start yelling and fighting each other. It has come to physical blows once before. Lets just say not even foundation could cover Jake's bruises meanwhile Theo was fine.

"Always so careless-"

"Enough! Look it was an accident. I'm over it. I'm in pain, I just wanna go home."

"Sorry.." They both muttered. "C'mon." Theo put his hand on my lower bare back to guide me towards the direction of his car. The simple gesture turned my stomach into knots. "I'm taking her home." Jake ruined my lil moment. "No, I am."

"All of a sudden-"

"Shut the fuck up Jake. It was my fault, the least I can do is drive her home." Jake rolled his eyes and walked over to me. "Text me when you get home." He whispered in my ear as he hugged my right side. I smiled at him and he walked away.

When we approached his car, he popped open the trunk. "Here. You can wear this. Its clean, I promise." I chuckled as he handed me a black tee labelled with the football camp logo in the front. "Can you help me. I don't want to hurt my shoulder. Please." He smiled as he moved in closer.

His fingers brushed along my skin as he brought the hem down and lemme say this. Goosebumps. Everywhere.

I noticed we were going the wrong direction so I looked at him. "We're going to LiuXing ." (Made up) He answered, never turning to look at me. LiuXing is my favorite Chinese takeout place.. "Wait here. I'll get the food." He said, never bothering to ask what I wanted.

"Hey I'm really sorry-"

"Shut up." I'm annoyed of hearing it over and over. "Excuse me?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Stop saying sorry. It was an accident. Its okay." He gave me a weak smile. "Bye, thank you." I stepped out.

My dad freaked out as I stepped foot inside. I understand. The love of his life died, he can't lose his little girl too. I went up to my room and opened the boxes of food. My jaw dropped... he got me my favorite things.. how did he know? I'm not even gonna question it.

I woke up from my nap when the painkillers were wearing off, still in Theo's shirt that fit me like a dress.

As I sat up, someone knocked on my door. "Come in!" I yelled as I yawned, assuming its my dad checking up on me. The door opened and Theo's head popped in. What? I furrowed my eyebrows at him, totally not expecting him.

"I brought your stuff.." He said closing my door. "Thanks..." He set it on my bed and he looked around. "I like what you've done with the place." I laughed. "I was 8 the last time u were in here, it changed as I changed." He walked over to my desk and opened the folder. "Is this.. Is this me?" He asked picking up a drawing of himself. Fuck I never threw it away. Shit.

"Yeah.. It was your 17th birthday present but you pissed me off so I never gave it to you." He laughed which caused me to feel some type of way.

He went through the rest of my drawings and stopped at the one of my mom. "You know you look a lot like her." I looked away as I nodded. "Hey uh thank you for the food." I changed the subject. "No problem. I should get going. I'm keeping this." He held up the picture of himself and I playfully shook my head. "Okay Theodore."

"Goodbye Cord." He walked out.