33: The Truth (Part 2)

Ages:

- Talisa, Willas, Ygritte – 36; Robb, Jon, Gendry, Meera – 34; Sansa – 33; Arya – 31; Bran, Jojen – 30; Rickon, Shireen – 26

JON

Ever since Jon found out about Meera's kid, Mykel, a lot of things had happened. And when he and Arya confirmed that Mykel is Bran's son, something interesting happened day after day. It's like the gods have placed a curse on them everyday until they resolve it.

Friday when they first found out the truth, Jon and Gendry had to restrain Robb from punching Tyrek for even being near Meera. And he, together with Arya, had to distract Robb from noticing Bran and Meera the entire night.

Saturday was when they told Robb about Mykel's true parentage. Robb was clearly mad, but all he ever did was pounding his fist on the table, probably because they were not the only ones in the house. But he knew his cousin Robb, and Jon can definitely say he has anger issues. It's a good thing he doesn't take it out on people but only on things. The same way he nearly destroyed art easels and canvases in that art studio in ATU.

Jon was not surprised when Robb led the way when they had to confront Meera, but he did not expect his threat of a sole custody for Mykel.

On the ride back to Winterfell, he decided to confront him.

"Dude, a sole custody? Really?" Jon spoke up. "You know that threat would cause our family's friendship with the Reeds. Why would you even do that?"

"Mykel is a Stark." Robb reasoned. "Only, Meera hid the kid from us. And it's not a threat, I'm actually doing it. "

"I know she hid the kid, but that doesn't make her a bad person." Jon said. "And besides, I don't think filing a case for Mykel's custody, is guaranteed that we're gonna win the case."

Robb glared at him. "In case you forgot, I'm a fucking lawyer."

"Yeah, but you're not the kid's father." Jon countered. "I don't think the court would appeal to that case."

"I'm the kid's uncle." Robb insisted. "That means I have authority."

"And what kind of evidence do you have exactly against Meera?" Jon asked. "First off, she's a Veterinary Surgeon. And as well as any doctor, we know that profession earns very well, especially since she had been working in Oldtown for a couple of years. So technically, she can provide whatever it is the kid needs." He pointed out. "And second, if you're going to say the kid's not well-cared for. Well, Meera practically raised her own brother, Jojen."

"Why the fuck are you taking her side?" His cousin demanded.

"Because I see no point in filing for the kid's sole custody." Jon declared. "And also, because it's not your choice."

"Bran obviously is still in shock and he doesn't know what to do." Robb argued. "As his brother, I'm doing what I can so Bran can use the rights he has on his son."

"But a sole custody?" Jon said. "I'm not stupid, Robb. I know what sole custody means. It's where one parent has full custody of the child. So, you're planning on taking the kid from Meera, and then what?" He asked.

"He's gonna live with Bran." Robb said. "I know he can handle it. Bran's good with kids."

"Bran's good with kids, yes." Jon agreed. "But can he actually take care of a kid?"