Varia's Offer

"Heh, weakling," scoffed a cloak hooded person. The mask he wore were black made from flames that surprisingly didn't burn the masked person. A strong powerful aura surrounded him-an aura that no one wants to encounter because the aura itself radiates death.

"You! Just who are you?" demanded a long white haired male. His clothes were tattered and torn. Bruises and cuts were visible with some bloods here and there.

"Me?" asked the masked person as he grinned under the flaming black mask. "I am merely just a broken human being who has given up on staying on the right road," the masked person replied casually. "But you may call me anything you like."

"Then Flaming Mask, tell me, would you be interested on becoming part of the Varia Assassination Squad?" offered the long white haired male with a grinned as he tried to stand up with his sword supporting him up.

"Sounds tempting," commented the masked person. 'I might be able to find that person soon if I were to join Varia...'

"So?" The long haired male offered a hand out. "Will you join?"

Under the mask, the cloaked person smirked in amusement. With the glove hand, the masked person accepted the offer of the hand. "Well, I hope I won't be disappointed."

"I assure you won't, mister Flaming Mask," reassured the long haired male. "I'm Squalo- Second Commander of the Varia. You'll be under my wing so don't cause me too much trouble or I'll hunt you down and cut your head off," he introduced along with a warning threat.

"I'm too lazy to cause trouble," said the cloaked person. With the free gloved hand, the masked person slid the flaming mask off to reveal a smirking brunette with bright innocent brown doe eyes. "Name is Sawada Tsunayoshi, a runaway from home, but rebirth name would be up to you."

"A runaway, huh... But I'm not interested in your background, rather how you'll be useful to me in the Varia," said the long white haired male. "Let's go to the base, I'll introduce you to people," as he said this, he noticed the brunette slid the mask back on.

After the brunette slid his mask back on, he slung the older male's arm over his neck. "I'm sure it'd be hard to walk with a broken bone of the leg. Sorry 'bout that," he said, not really sounding apologetic.

"Heh, I'm used to injuries, especially at my head," muttered the long white haired.

"Head?" questioned the masked brunette.

"I'm the target of the boss's wine throwing," explained the long white haired male with a scowl. He really hated it when people mess with his hair; because of them he had to take extra care than a normal person should.

"So your boss is a drunkard?" concluded the masked brunette as he supported the long haired male to walk. Under the mask, he scowled. Drunkards always remind him of 'that' bastard.

"Yeah," confirmed the long haired male. "But he'll be interested in you if he knew of your skill so you better not show your face around him if you don't want to get involved into crazy things."

"I'll remind myself of that," said the masked brunette. 'Like hell am I going to let myself get near someone that could remind me of 'that' person,' he silently thought.

XXX

Belphegor- commander of Varia Storm squad- looked at the empty room of the so called 'Captain'. There wasn't anyone and he quickly became disappointed. He had hoped that he could annoy the hell out of the Captain since he was bored; there weren't any entertainment for him and no one was willing to play with him.

He sighed and left the room.

XXX

Squalo kicked the Varia Mansion's door and yelled, "VOIII! I'm back!"

"Thrash! Come here!" a deep voice was heard.

For a second, he regretted yelling his return but then shove it at the back of his mind. Mafioso does not regret such thing. He sighed and turned to the mask brunet. "Just wander on this floor and don't let anyone see you," he ordered. "I'll be right back," he said. With a sharky grin, he finished his sentence, "Caesar."

"Hn, captain. Stay safe and not dirty," the masked person said with no offend.

Squalo knew it was not meant for an insult so he didn't mind and waved his hand as he walked to the boss of his who most likely would be waiting for him at the bar room where his boss would be drinking his ass off like the drunkard he is.

Caesar, the masked brunette's new name, watch his new leader walked away. Once the loud voiced leader of his was out of sight, he looked around the corridor, inspecting the beautiful interior. Inwardly, he hummed to himself in approval with hidden impress. There weren't any CCTV nor guards though, which he think was stupid. 'Well the owner of the mansion IS mafioso so there shouldn't be much worry of intruders or thieves...'

Having enough of sightseeing of the corridor, he walked to the left passage, the opposite way Squalo went. He made sure that his steps were silent and thar his presence to be kept at low; he didn't want to attract any unnecessary attention that might get him a loud lecture from his new leader.

XXX

Belphegor had just heard the Captain's voice when he came out of the returnee's room. He grinned as there was finally someone to annoy, though he knew he had to wait since the second later after the Captain's yell was the boss's yell.

Xanxus, their boss, was not someone to annoy. Even if Belphegor has his pride to be top of the 'peasants' he does not wish to sign his death by pissing off the Varia boss. Plus, he knew his place and not suicidal.

Xanxus was one of the people Belphegor acknowledged to be someone upper than him.

So it came to this...

Belphegor was wandering around the mansion while he wait for his Captain to finish whatever business with the boss. As he walked, he sensed a strong aura. The aura was almost unnoticeable... The aura made him uncomfortable and suffocated. It made him felt uncontrollable fear.

With trembling strides, he nervously followed the source of the aura. Sweats trickled down the back of his neck. Gulping as he sensed the aura stronger, he turned to the right passage while mentally preparing himself for a bloody fight against a strong intruder.

-TBC-