Chapter 2

"Ma!! I'm home." I called out as i entered my home.

"In the kitchen" she called as i took off my shoes. I went to the kitchen and was greeted with a delicious smell.

"Smells delicious ma." I said as i kissed her cheek and made my way to the fridge.

"I'm making your favorite chicken tikka. How was your first day?" She asked cooking.

I grabbed a bottle of water. "It was good" i said as i took a huge gulp of the water. "I'll go take a shower and come" i said walking upstairs to my room. 

******

After bath i went down to see my dad waiting by the dining table.

"Hey dad!" I said as i took a chair opposite to him. 

"Hey. How was work" he asked as he looked at me with pride.

"It was good. I'm getting the hang of it" i said as mom walk into the room with plates. I helped her set the table as dad's phone rang.

We sat down and waited for dad to come back. After a few minutes he came back and sat beside mom. 

"Business call?" She asked as she served us.

"Mmm... we are launching a new plan tomorrow." He said and we started eating discussing our usual topics.

I fell to my bed and stared at the ceiling. My phone rang and i looked up to see my caller ID. I smiled and answered the call.

"Hey boyfriend!" She said giggling.

"Hey girlfriend" i said chuckling.

"So how was you first day?" She asked.

"It went well. I'm confident i can handle it" i said as i imagined her rolling her eyes.

"Well. Of course you can. Your the great Daniel" she said as she laughed and then faltered. "I miss you..." she said as i smiled.

"I miss you too Emily" i said.

"So anyhow......" she started our daily talk as i let out another chuckle. She sure as hell know how to change moods.

Emily and i were lovers since 1st year college. She was the typical hyper active girl who can't keep her mouth shut. She is now in London to visit her uncle.

"So she turned to him and she was like 'bite me' and he was like 'well if you say so' and you should have seen her face....." she kept on of another 2 hours before she let out a yawn.

"Sleepy?" I asked as she hummed. 

"Alright. Go sleep i'll talk to you tomorrow" 

"K. Good night. love you."

"And i love you too" i said before hanging up and closed my eyes to sleep.

High Hopes For 'My Living'जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें