Spilled Secrets

They had left St Mungo's as soon as the healer cleared them. Draco had tried to talk to Hermione, but she had walked straight to the library, and locked the door. When he pressed his ear against the door, he could hear her sobbing. He could have easily pushed the door open, but for Hermione sake kept the thing shut.

Every moment he could hear her cries, he wanted desperately to comfort her, however, Hermione was not always open to help.

***

Hermione slammed the door shut, and bolted it. She fell on the floor and felt tears brewing in her eyes. She didn't want this, especially not a child. Her sobs racked through her body, and she could faintly hear Draco sitting down behind the door. She wanted to talk to him, but she knew he didn't handle crying very well. She wrung her hands, left scratch marks on the floor, but eventually slid down the door.

There was nothing she could do to prevent what would have to happen, but she was far too scared to initiate anything. Why didn't everything have to happen to her?

***

When Draco arrived at the ministry the next day, Jaclyn could tell something was wrong. During the duels, he allowed himself to be hit with spells, and barely tried to hit her in defense.

"Wingardium Leviosa." Jaclyn levitated her partner, and he feebly fought to get down.

"Oh, bother. Let me down, Jackie." She dropped him onto the ground.

"Come on, dueling isn't any fun when my partner is just a punching bag. Come on, your usually better at this than me."

"Can I quit?" Sighed Draco, rest not his head on his hands.

"What is wrong with you?" She gave a small kick to the side of his shoe. She had no idea what was about to happen next.

"What's wrong, is that I'm forced to have a child! What's wrong is that my wife is running a department by herself, and when she goes home, she doesn't get to go home to someone who will listen to her, and show that he cares! SOHE GOES HOME TO A WEREWOLF!"

Jaclyn's eyes widened, and for a split moment, she looked scared.

"This law affects all of us. Not just you, Draco. And just because she goes home to a metaphorical werewolf, it doesn't mean she doesn't love him."

Draco turned around. "What werewolf metaphor?"

"You said she goes home to a werewolf. I heard you loud and clear." She rolled her amber eyes and pushed more dark curls out of her face.

Oh, no. No, no, no. This not happening, I did not let that slip. Draco's heat pounded.

"I'm sorry," he began. The woman next to him looked extremely confused, and she watched his every move.

"Sorry for what?" When Jaclyn asked this, Draco thought about telling her right then and there. He had no reason to trust this woman with his identity, she was only another trainee and his dueling partner. She had no entitlement to any of his secrets, and yet he still trusted her. Not like he trusted Hermione, but he almost did. It may have been her doe-like appearance, or it was the fact she had never been one to discriminate in the few days they had known each other.

"I can't say it now..." he trailed off and felt someone's eyes following him.

"Jaclyn, is the guy watching us?" Draco asked.

"The guy? Most of this program are guys, Draco."

"The pale one, the one I said I didn't like."

She sighed. "You might be talking about Damien, and yes he's staring at both of us.

"That's his name?" Draco growled.

"Yes, why the hell are you so paranoid?" She snapped.

***

Even after the session, Draco didn't tell Jaclyn. She was starting to become paranoid, simply because he was. It seemed like every time he did something, she was following right behind.

"Draco." Before he could leave the ministry, Jaclyn grasped his sleeve. He gave her a defeated look and let out a prolonged sigh. "I want you to know you can trust me, I've only known you for a few days, but I mean, I trust you."

"You shouldn't," he spoke quietly.

"Why not? Why shouldn't I trust you? I've known you for a week, and I want to know what your deal is."

He clutched his wand. "I won't say it here, not with everyone listening. Come to my home, meet my wife, and I can tell you."

She looked slightly apprehensive at first but grabbed his arm for the side along apparition.

***

With a small crack, the two of them were standing inside the Grand Hallway of the House. There was a chandelier hanging high above, and two marble staircases leading up to the second and third floors.

"Wow," breathed Jaclyn.

"Welcome to the Malfoy Manor," Draco said.

Jaclyn looked around for a split second before asking, "Where's your wife?"

"Erm, she should be somewhere around here. She got a bit emotional yesterday..."

An awkward silence followed both of them as they looked for Hermione.

Jaclyn sighed, and turned to her friend."Draco, I don't think we're going to find her. Could you just tell me now?"

Draco watched her as she stared him down.

"Fine, I'm a werewolf."

Draco expected her to recoil in disgust, or flee from him. She didn't the opposite.

Jaclyn burst out laughing. "Oh, Merlin-" she gasped for air. "You mean— to tell me— to tell me-your a werewolf?!" She leaned on the wall to support herself. She was wheezing and laughing at the same time.

"Jaclyn." Draco snapped at her. "This isn't a joke."

"What?" She calmed down the slightest bit.

"This isn't a joke. I am a werewolf. When there is a full moon, I take a different form."

She looked at him oddly. "Is this the big secret?"

Draco rolled his eyes. "I mean, yes. I'm lupine Jackie."

Jaclyn turned away from him for a moment.

"I don't care that you're a werewolf. I mean I do care, I know it affects you, but it doesn't bother me." She whispered the last part.

"Why?" Draco wondered aloud.

"Why I'm not running away screaming?"

"Yes, why aren't you disgusted by the fact I'm a werewolf?"

"If I were to explain my past, you would understand. Buts that's something I could never do."

"Well, why not? I told you I'm a werewolf."