2

Six months later

Six months later..

    " Nic ! " Lauren shouted from my doorway, making me drop half of the bowl of cereal I was devouring.

    " Geez, Lo! " I replied more in a groan.

    She ran towards me and hugged me as tight as she could, the hug making me almost forget the milk on my favorite pyjamas. Lauren has been the help I needed during those six months and I was more than grateful for her behind, seriously. Without her and her comfort, I would have been crying myself to death.

    The past six months weren't so easy nor bearable, but she stuck with me during my downest moments. When I cried myself to sleep she would sneak in my bed and distract me from my tears by telling me some funny stories, when I refused again and again to eat she disposed my plate in funny and fancy forms so I could eat, when I wanted to repair my phone just to check if Meek called she broke it even more and the list goes on.

    She had been a very supportive friend, hell even my sister, and I would never ever forget it. She has been the one though, my mom didn't want to know anything about Meek nor me because for her I disrespected the household by doing a Sextape, and my other friends seemed to not care anymore about me. All of them except Lauren.

    And I thank God everyday for having her, because otherwise I didn't know where I would have ended, for real.

    " Oops sorry I didn't mean to drown you in your milk bowl. " She said holding her mouth to suppress a laugh.

    " Haha. " I mocked her as I cleaned myself with a tissue. " Why are you even here girl ? "

    " Well. " She started smiling, then plotted herself in the long chair in front of me. " Today's the end of the six months and I wanted to know your final decision..."

   I sighed and looked at her right in her eyes. " I don't think I can do that, Lo' "

   She looked at me as if I was crazy then rolled her eyes. " Pf, Nic. " She huffed. " Why ? "

   I sighed again and got up. I walked to the sink and put the bowl in, then turned my body to face her. "The reason why I don't want to do all of this is because I'm just super tired of it. I've already been cussed a lot, I just want to forget and live my life peacefully. "

   " My God, Nic. " Lauren rolled her eyes again. " So you're going to tell me that you're letting this ugly ass nigga live his best life while you suffer like that ? "

   I looked away and nodded. " I don't see anything in getting a revenge, he's going to get what's coming for him, anyway. God never sleeps. "

   " God damn right Nic, God never sleeps, that's why He is putting you through this ! He wants you to react and toughen up a bit ! You're as soft as a cupcake and only soft people get fucked up again and again. "

   I let out a shaky breath and closed my eyes. She was right, I was such a nice person, but I was the one getting fucked up again and again, to the point that I wondered why the Lord did this to me. But answering the bad with the bad wasn't the solution.

   I shook my head and looked at Lauren. " I'm a good person, I can't be bad. "

   " That's the fucking problem Nic ! " She shouted making me slightly jump. I've never seen her this angry at me. " You keep being nice to people you don't have to and at the end they put it in your ass ! You've met Meek a year ago what happened, you didn't want to give yourself to him just yet, and he persisted because who wouldn't?! Once he hit, look what he did to you Nic, people are fucking still talking about it, damn ! " She sighed and put her hand over her head. " I can't just go on and see my best friend getting fucked all over again, it's too much for me. "

   " Lauren, are you crying ? " I asked, making my way to her. I furrowed my eyebrows once I saw that she really was crying and took her in my arms. " Lauren, stop crying. "

   " Y-you don't know how I felt when I saw you on the floor the other day, you just don't know. It hurts me so bad, it hurt me so bad to see you in this situation because I know how genuine and nice you are. I know the real Nic, and I just want her to toughen up for the sake of herself ! " She cried even more and buried her head on my chest.

   I was crying, too. I couldn't stop the tears from falling down, what she was saying was getting me in every form. What if she was right? What if I had to toughen up, to change and to start being mean with people that took my kindness for weakness? I felt my blood running, and sweared the sky was falling on me again.

   " Look, Lauren I'll do it. "

    She looked up and met my face. I saw a mix of happiness, relief and confusion on her face. "Really ?"

   " Yeah, I will. Just because I'm so fed up of being taken as the fuck machine, I'll do it. " I said. " Tell me what to do and when and I'll do it. "

   " Breathe, keep on breathing, first. " She said. " Then, we need to change your attitude, and for that you need to change that look you've got.. "

   She eyed me up and down as I wondered what was wrong with my look. Despite the big spot of milk on my black hoodie, nothing was wrong. I was dressed casually, because I had nothing to do today.

   " What's wrong with how I look ? "

   She sighed and got up. " What's the color of your hoodie, short, slippers and hair ? "

   " Black ? " I answered, confused.

   " Exactly. " She said. " Depressed. "

   I scoffed. " Lo' black is such a beautiful and happy color, you just don't visibly know what you're talking about. "

   She eyes me up and down again then rolled her eyes so roughly that I thought they were going to be stuck. " See ? Only depressed folks say that shit. "

   " You're not going to act like you don't like my black hair. "

   " Girl I do, but you always have it in the same states, curled or straighten. You need some changes though... Girl, go and put something on so we can head out to the mall. Hop hop. "

   I rolled my eyes and smacked my lips but did as she told me. I went upstairs and headed to my dressing room. Since we were going to the mall only, I just took a jean and a black cropped top, and matched the look with my black Louboutin heels. I then went back downstairs and was met with my best friend retouching her makeup.

   " Done. "

   She looked at me and chuckled. " See what I am talking about ? Black everywhere, shit. "

   " Lauren London can you shut your mouth and drive to this fudging mall ? "

   She held her arms up in defense then swayed her hips to the car " Okay okay, geez. I was just trynna make you see my point, though. "

   " Yeah yeah whatever. "