[1] KAMINARI

KAMINARI, COWARD

KAMINARI, COWARD

Four years old is a revolutionary moment for every person in time

Four years old is a revolutionary moment for every person in time. Four years oldthat age is where you develop your first fear and it comes from the boy you like whose hair is the sun on a heated summer and he looks so much like the characters in your picture books, in his all glory and he shines more than the lampshade on the corner of your desk does. Four years old is the time you question yourself if this boy who you say you have a crush on, the boy with everything bright, he is

Kaminari Denki is four years old and when the bully pushes you down, he glares with eyes so dark and just so so so so scary and you have never seen Denki-kun like this, Denki-kun who is always smiling, Denki-kun who everyone laughs at because of the funny face he makes and Denki-kun who you really really really really like and Denki-kun whose body glows like the sun like his hair like his eyes and the atmosphere buzzes with his static.

You think you have a huge crush on Denki-kun because he always saves you. He always does. He saves you from Itohara-kun who likes pushing the smaller boys and girls. He saves you from sensei who calls you when you have no idea what the answer is and Denki-kun is always saving you like the hero and yet whyDenki-kun kind of looks like a monster.

And nownow you are fifteen-going-sixteen and you see Kaminari Denki using his quirk with ferociousness against the gigantic robots. His quirk explodes from his body and hungrily dives down through the grays and blacks. His blonde hair camouflages amongst the blinding lights, he lets his quirk be released from the tips of his fingers and he is so terrifying he is frightening this is this this this this is so scary.

He never notices though.

He never notices when he smiles at you and sling an arm around your shoulder, you flinch and your pupils dilate from the fear and everything else in between. (Everything else in between like how you likelovelike him and fear him at the same time. His quirk terrifies you. He terrified you.) No side-effects or funny faces afterwards will make you feel any less afraid from the destruction he calls his pride and joy.

Because you have seen what it can do before hand.

You saw how Itohara-kun fell down and years later, you learn how dangerous electricity is and how it stops the heart and kills people as easily as it revives others and Denki-kun is scarier than he ever has been.

So

Kirishima-kun has no right to blame you.

He has no right to frown at you when you flinch as Denki-kun gets close to you. He has no right to tell you that it is wrong for you to not trust Denki-kun when he is your childhood friend.

"Youyou don't understand," your voice cracks and the everything else in between threatens to spill past your lips and fear, fear, fear and so much fear, "you didn't see what happened to Itohara-kun ... he was shaking andI like Denki-kun. I really like him, Kirishima-kun but he"

He scares me.