Chapter 1

"Stupid straws. Stupid rules. Stupid vampires killing stupid people so that I have to go and hunt their stupid kind." I really hated going to hunt them. They're the number one predator and I was told to go and try to kill one.

This target had been causing quite a bit of damage and horror lately, and we found just where it was primarily located. Only problem was, no one wanted to go out tonight. We've all been on hunts individually, Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, even Steven and Connie had been hunting at their age.

Alas, no one wanted to take on this particular enemy, because of the threats they assumingly posed. The only way to get anyone to go, was to draw straws. Childish, I know, but just as effective as anything. Tonight, however, luck was not with me, and I picked the shortest straw.

So that's why I'm out here, trying to find this vampire that keeps killing people mercilessly. My hair was standing up everywhere and I had goosebumps all over. I was getting close to the neighborhoods, when I thought I saw a blur in the corner of my eye. I gripped the crossbow tightly in my hands, and shakily aimed it to where I saw the figure.

Before I could do anything else, something stepped out of the trees, and into the moonlight. It was a woman, or at least I thought, with somewhat pale skin, deep blue hair, and most noticable, piercing crimson eyes, staring into mine.

I was suddenly compelled to move forward, although a voice inside my head screamed at me to shoot my stake at her. I ended up dropping my weapon, as I was now face to face, well neck, with the stunning vampiress. She lifted up my chin to see her as she asked, "What's your name, lone hunter?" Her voice was so smooth and low, I almost melted when she spoke, but gained my composure. She slightly smirked at this. "Peridot. W-what's yours?"

"Well, usually when people see me, they disregard asking for my name. Usually assuming it's a beastly name such as 'Lucifer', or 'Dracula', you know, stereotypical names." I was completely captivated by her entirety. This must be what people mean by 'intoxicating abilities, like that of mind control.' I felt bad for not hearing her, but I did catch one thing.

"We have one thing in common with our names, Peridot. We're both, strangely, named after gemstones," she leaned in close to my ear, making my body temperature suddenly rise, "my name's Lapis Lazuli~." Everything about her was making me want to never leave, but I felt suddenly in danger when she pulled away, letting me get a glimpse of her knife-sharp fangs. I unwillingly let out an almost inaudible whimper, which she found amusing.
"Don't worry, I won't harm you. Not yet at least. I've grown fond to a few of my victims, which you happen to be apart of."

Run. Run now, this is your only chance just get out of there. "What does that mean? What's going to happen?" She stepped around me, picking up my weapon and splitting it. I couldn't do anything, I was frozen in place, most likely under her will. "I suppose I could let you go, seeing as we may meet again. Next time may not be as pleasant however. That's not a promise though, I'll be sure to chat again. You're quite the listener."

She chuckled a little, before walking up to me and moving her hands in front of me in a confusing way, all while not breaking eye contact. I suddenly felt like I was falling, because I was, but I didn't hit the ground. Something caught me, and placed me gently on the cold asphalt. My vision was fading rapidly, and I felt lighter by the second.

"Goodnight, hunter."

•Authors Note•
So as promised, here's the first chapter. Pretty short, but it was around 3 am and I had a sudden, but short, burst of energy, resulting in this. As j said before, not sure when the next part will be added, but in the meantime you can check out my one-shot book, which is also Lapidot (sorry, I'm just used to them over any other ship), so yeah!

[720 words]