Chapter 2

(Well, that first chapter was wild, huh? Don't worry, that's all the gore there's gonna be. Go to krut09's YouTube channel, Kreatable23, to see a trailer for Tattooed Mistakes (and Limelight and Another Way) and get a glimpse at what's to come ;)

More BtB and Limelights are coming~ A couple of those Limelights will include a bit of context and maybe one or two new BGZ I haven't written about much before who are set to appear in this fic so keep an eye out there for the extra info!)

They made it back to the house around 11 o'clock and Zephyr opened the front door with Alonzo, shaking and uneasy, clinging to his arm. When they were inside and the door was closed, Zephyr called out.

"Rizzo!"

Alonzo's eyes bulged and he pulled Zephyr back to hiss at him, "What are you doing?"

"Hey, hey, it's OK, she'll help. You know she wouldn't let you get into any trouble."

"Zeph..."

He trailed off as Rizzo descended the stairs, looking more irritated than anything, "What? You just came through the front door and you're alre-" she stopped short when she saw Alonzo's face, traces of blood still smeared across his lips and down his chin. He seemed to shrink back from her, cowering behind his boyfriend despite being taller than him.

Zephyr quickly turned to him and placed a comforting hand on his arm then held the other up to Rizzo, "Please don't freak out, Riz, before you say anything. This looks bad and... and it is bad, but we need your help."

She shook her head slowly, dazed and still staring. She moved towards them like she was in a trance.

"Al..." it took a few tries for her to continue, "Wh-what happened? Zephyr. Don't... Don't tell me he...!"

Alonzo met her eyes. He stood there, opening and closing his mouth but unable to speak without a strangled sob breaking up his words, "I... Riz, I-I... M-my band-"

Zephyr's arms were around him in an instant and Alonzo hid his face in the crook of his neck, leaving Zephyr to explain. He nodded reluctantly at Rizzo.

"Yeah. He..." Another sob racked Alonzo's body at the mere memory and Zephyr held a hand to his face. He shushed him softly before taking a deep breath, swallowing the lump in his throat, and turning back to Rizzo, "He killed somebody."

"Oh, sweet Z," Rizzo brought her hands to her mouth then up through her hair. She carefully pulled Alonzo out of her brother's grasp and looked at him, "A-and you...?"

Her fingers brushed his bloodstained face. She didn't want to say those words out loud. He dropped his head in shame and that confirmed her fears.

"Rizzo," Zephyr stepped forward, "He did it for me. This guy, this human, he was planning on, like, trying to eradicate the zombies and he saw us out and he grabbed me..."

Rizzo pulled him to her chest and held him close, "Did he hurt you? Either of you?" She looked from him to Alonzo and back again. Zephyr hesitated and it didn't go unnoticed.

"Zephyr."

He said nothing.

"Zephyr, what did he do?"

"He threw him against a wall..." Alonzo said, his voice still thick with tears.

Rizzo gasped. Zephyr, knowing where this was going, sighed and let her inspect his bruises. Zombies didn't bruise easily, what with their near non-existent circulation, so even a couple of small ones on his neck, shoulder and arms were enough to worry her. But that could wait; the zombie mutation meant he'd heal faster than a human and the pain probably wouldn't last as long. There were more pressing matters.