Chapter 9

Alvin went to approach her quietly but she heard footsteps and almost screamed but not as fast as Alvin putting his hand over her mouth.

Alvin: "Shh... It's me."

Brittany calmed down at the sound of his voice.

Brittany: "It's you. What are you doing here?"

Alvin: "I just wanna talk."

Brittany: "If it's about the concert, I'm still not joining you and the others."

Alvin: "It's not about that, it's about you."

Brittany: "What?"

Alvin: "I heard you just got back from a date with Eddie."

Brittany: "It's not a date. Well, at least not to him."

Alvin: "You like him, don't you?"

Brittany: "No. Well, I did but he rejected me before I could confess."

Alvin: "Well, sucks to be you. But the Brittany I know would not sit down just moping around over a heartbreak about a guy who doesn't deserve her.

For once, Brittany was actually speechless to Alvin.

Brittany: "But, I'm not the same Brittany as I once was."

Alvin: "Of course you're not. You're better. The old Brittany would move on and find another hot guy to start obsessing over. But the new Brittany will not let some guy to miss out on some great opportunities that come once in a lifetime."

Brittany: "You're right. I'm not gonna let some guy make me miss out on some fun. Speaking of which, yes, I will sing on stage with you."

Alvin: "Great. However, we better hurry. We have to perform in about an hour."

Brittany: "What?! Why did we just waste time sitting down here and talking?"

Alvin: "Its beca-

Brittany: "No time. Let's go!"

With that, they made it to the concert stage in 45 minutes.

Jeanette: "Thank goodness you made it here in time"

Eleanor: "Yeah. Good thing you finally got to your senses. But how are we gonna go on stage? You still aren't really looking ready to sing on stage in front of millions of people."

Brittany: "Did you forget who you're talking to? I got this. All I need is some hairspray, a curling iron, a pair of scissors, a hairbrush and a whole lotta glitter. Alvin, can you spare like another 10 minutes?"

Alvin: "No prob. Distracting an audience is what I do. Come on, guys."

Brittany quickly took off her jacket and ran into the dressing room. She used all the items she mentioned and she came out looking fabulous.

Eleanor: "Wow, you look great. But where did you get that outfit."

Brittany: "I came prepared and I was actually planning to come here after my date but I got upset over my rejection. Then, Alvin gave me a boost so I guess this outfit wasn't wasted."

Alvin and his brothers ran backstage.

Alvin: "Alright. Whoa, you look great, Brittany. Now get out there and sing."

Brittany: "You heard them, ladies. Let's go."

The Chipettes went out as an opening act. Then, the chipmunks would join them in the next act.