When We Just Began - *Prequel to Shy*

Harry sat down on the bench not taking his eyes off of the girl he had just met. After what had just happened she continued to sit there, not saying a word. Her cheeks were still the same blazing red as her blue eyes scrolled across the page of her textbook. Of all the things that could have been said at this moment, she chose not to speak. However there was one difference that brightened her face, she was smiling.

"Are you sure you don't want to walk with me and my friends?" Harry asked as the bell chimed signalling the end of lunch.  

Leah looked up a little startled as he stood there in front of her, she had probably thought he had left her already. She quickly discarded her textbook in her book bag shaking her head as she did so. Harry's expression turned plain when she wouldn't talk to him.  

"Alright then." he said defeat evident in his voice. Just as Leah was about to disappear in a wave of students Harry spoke again.  

"Bye!" she stopped in her tracks, she slowly turned her head round to face him and then she waved goodbye.  

Harry returned the wave smiling back at her. She turned around and he caught her smiling as she walked away. As soon as Harry turned around Ron and Hermione had already joined him and he almost bumped into Ron.  

"How'd you do that?" Ron asked curiously.  

"Do what?" Harry questioned even though he knew exactly what he was talking about.  

"Get Leah to talk!" said Hermione with a hint of frustration. "You know full well that she doesn't talk to anybody. She stays away from everyone and then you just walk over and get her to say a full sentence?"  

Harry shrugged with the slightest grin across his face. "I dunno." he answered simply. "It just sort of happened." he looked down at the hand that Leah had caught before he had left her.

"Did she say anything to you?" Harry shook his head.

"She didn't even speak to me. We just sort of sat there." he explained the event.

Ron and Hermione shot a confused look at each other and then to Harry who had returned his attention back to his friends. They just stood there for a few seconds trying to wrap their minds around the irrelevant situation that had happened.

"Come on then." Hermione had said. "We're going to be late." and then their day continued.

However Harry found his mind wandering in the last few classes. His mind was filled to the brim with questions about this girl that no one seemed to know who she really was. This girl had a certain mystique to her, one that interested Harry.

For the rest of the day he couldn't keep his mind off of her. He didn't know why he kept thinking about it, he should honestly be thinking about other things like the fact that Sirius Black could be anywhere trying to look for him. But while thinking these thoughts about Leah he felt that it was a nice way to forget about all of that.

"Do you know anything about her?" he had asked Ron as they exited their last class. The corridors of the castle were bustling with students as everyone navigated their way back to their Common Rooms.

"Besides the fact that she never talks to anybody, no." Harry nodded. 

"Why do you keep thinking about that?" Ron asked as they reached the portrait of the Fat Lady. "What's so interesting about her?"

"Everything." he answered and Ron looked at him and the expression on his face was identical to the one he had been wearing earlier.

"Do you ever have that feeling when you find out about something completely new to you and then you have the urge to discover more about it?" Ron screwed up his face trying to think.

"No." he shook his head.

"Well that's how I'm feeling right now." 

___________________________________

Hello!!!! 

So this isn't really a sequel it's more of a prequel to Shy- (Harry Potter Love Story). I don't think this will be particularly long but who knows what'll happen while I'm writing this? Anyways this is a chance for you guys to see what happened after the first time Harry and Leah meet in the Great Hall in third year. So yeah it's when they just began (see what I did there).

Hope you guys enjoy this! I'm going to be starting school so yeah don't expect very long updates.

Yes I am writing a sequel which is going to take place post-Hogwarts just in case you were going to ask. And I'm sorry this chapter is so short.

-random_nerd34