Part 2

After scraping the remains of your lunch into the bin and tossing your tray on the wash pile you headed off to the girls dormitory, hoping to grab a cold shower and a fresh set of clothes before napping away the rest of the day in a nice cool spot.

After your long heavenly cold shower, you had changed into (colour) shorts and a (colour) shirt as the rest of the day was free time, to your relief, you were not required to wear uniform. You grabbed a book from your bedside table and headed out to find somewhere, quiet and cool to relax.

You headed for the huge weeping willow, which was situation on east of HQ. You sighed with joy that no one had come and stole your favourite spot. Positioning yourself under the tree, your body was welcomed by a bed of cool grass.

Finally comfortable, you turned your attention to your book. Running your fingers over the hard black leather cover, tracing the silver intricate vine boarder design with your fingers. A small smile formed on your lips as you did so. This book wasn’t just any old book you; it was the book he had given you.

You flipped the cover and your eyes scanned the first yellowed page to read the familiar immaculate writing, which read

Dear (name),

Happy Birthday!

Armin

Your shared love of book had been one of the main reasons you and Armin got on so well, I mean the first time you had ever interacted to him was when he helped you get a book off the top shelf in the HQ library, this lead to a longer than intended talk about everything from books to outside the walls, from that day forward you had been friends.