4. Lock and Key

"We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves

where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves."

_______________________________________________________

(the day of the party at Kim Daily)

"You useless sack of turd! Wake up!! "
Taehyung growled in his morning voice, as he successfully missed the pillow thrown at him across the room.
"Ahh hyung hajima, five more minutes please, " whined the boy, as he desperately kicked his feet and tried to sink deeper into his king sized bed. He tried playing dead, as if these attempts would stop the furious politician from dragging him out of the bed. "Jeon Jeongguk! Do you understand how important punctuality is?"
The poor boy now trying to find his way back to his dear bed, mumbled, "Ugh I don't even know what that is. So how can it be important? "
"You brat! I want you at the breakfast table. In five minutes. Or else..."
Jeongguk looked at his older cousin brother who had a dangerous look on his face. Others would've been terrified but Jeon Jeongguk isn't, he just loves his brother to bits. So he makes a silly face with a lopsided grin playing on his lips, and whispers, "Hyung, why so serious?"
Taehyung rolled his light brown eyes as he twisted his youngest and only brother's left ear, "When will you grow up Gguk? Have you forgotten that you have a job interview today?!"

And in a minute sleep deprived Jeongguk was fully awake, "Holy Shit! I'm screwed! " The young boy in his early twenties scampered away towards his washroom, nearly tripping over his Rolex watch that he'd thrown away carelessly last night.

"Aunt Jeon should pay me for babysitting you. Come down fast now, you should eat well before you go."
The young brunette just gave out a bitter laugh and disappeared into his washroom.
"I'm grateful for you, hyung. "

**

"Eat this up. How are you going sustain the whole day with just cereals? Shut up and eat. "
Jeongguk nodded like an obedient little child at Taehyung stopping only when he earned a solemn nod from the other.
Jeongguk smiled when he noticed how Taehyung made effort to cook a wholesome breakfast for him. It was a rare family thing which lost practice as Taehyung got busier. The younger didn't mind it though, he knew how his brother Taehyung was. There was always something else in his heart and something else that came out of his mouth. Jeongguk was more than grateful for his brother, he was his only guide, his idol. He wanted to make his hyung proud, all these taunts and snide remarks made him feel anything but offended.
Taehyung always called him useless from time to time, but Jeongguk was determined to prove him wrong. He knew how worried his brother was for him. The older may not be aware but Jeongguk knew how Taehyung would make it a point to check up on Jeongguk when he reaches home late at night. Sometimes he'd linger in his room, and Jeongguk knew his brother was probably guilty for not making it to dinner with him. He knew no matter what, Taehyung would always look out for him. The older said those harsh words, only because he cared for Jeongguk.