Chapter 2

^ Lord Alexander Dalrymph😉

After some days

It's been a few days since the departure of Emily. Even if she never dared to talk to me, I considered her as my friend. She was the only one that rarely gave me a faint smile or a little quick nod when I usually talked to her.

When I talked to the others after her departure, they either looked at the ground or made as if I didn't exist. They are so scared of punishments.

I remember the first time that I first talked to Emily when she came into the pet shop; she was shaking with fear like a scared little bunny. That's when I had waved and smiled at her from my cage. She looked at me strangely and then, I started to talk to her.

That's when she had uttered her first word to me, in a small voice. But then, unfortunately for her, the pet master was walking nearby, giving food to each human, and heard her voice. That day, he had dragged her and brought her to the torture room.

He had whipped her and I could hear her screams and the sound of the lashes when the whip had made contact with her skin. I even apologized to her, because I was truly sorry for what happened. And she had just given me a nod.

I wonder what must have happened to her. Maybe she's still alive or maybe her master has just drain her dry of her blood.

Anyway, today, I picked up a fight with the pet master about not getting good food (not that he actually care but I just wanted to annoy him a bit). In the morning, when he had came to give us some food; he opened my cage and placed the small glass of water on the metal ground and threw the small piece of stale bread in my hands.

I had thrown the dirty water on his face and threw the bread on the ground. That only resulted in him becoming so furious that he dragged me to the torture room and whipped me twenty times on my back. That was the first time that he had given me minimum punishment.

Maybe because he had beaten me too much yesterday. Of course, that's the only reason, he wouldn't want a human with such a rare blood type, to die. To him, it would have been such a waste.

My body is in such a terrible pain right now, blood is oozing slowly from my body and trailing off my legs. I wasn't even being able to lay my back on the rods of the cage, like I usually do.

I wonder how many days passed since I got to kill a vampire. Maybe four or five days?

Now, you must be wondering why I just don't kill the pet master; well its because, one, it's not so easy to keep a knife with you in the pet shop. Before even you step into that building, you have to be searched. It happened to me several times, and I don't want to remember when he had taken off my clothes, forcefully.

Two, it's not that easy to aim at a vampire when you're always locked in a small cage. And the only time that you get out of it, is when you have to get punished or to go to the washroom, which is by the way, disastrously dirty.

The washroom here is so dirty, like no one washes or cleans it. Not that the pet master would want to do it. He allows us to go to pee once in two days, and let me tell you, it's very difficult to control yourself from wetting yourself.

Also, you get to shower, once in a week! That's not the big deal; but what's rather the worst is that there's only one shower available and everyone have just ten minutes to get cleaned. The humans have to make a long queue and wait, and also it happens that very frequently the shower doesn't work.

That's just hell here.

But, one thing that the pet master provides us is the necessities that we would need for our time of the month. If you were on your time of the month, then, he would let you use the toilet twice a day and let you use the shower twice a week. Not that you would bleed each month, because it's rather difficult regarding that vampires drink from you and you also lose blood during punishment. Plus, humans don't even get enough food.