Chapter 20

The Mustang's tires squealed as the Socs drove away. I slowly stood up and wiped some of the blood off of my face. I had to get home. By now, it was completely dark out.

I stumbled forward, hoping that I was headed in the right direction. Thankfully, I was. The walk back only took about fifteen minutes.

I stepped onto the creaky porch and paused at the front door. Two-Bit was going to freak out. Maybe he isn't back yet and I can just sneak in, I hoped.

Two-Bit's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someone knocked lightly on the front door. I switched off the TV and went to go see who it was. I opened the door to reveal Ponyboy standing nervously below the flickering porch light.

"Can I talk to Jenny?" he asked.

"She's not home yet, but she should be back any minute if you want to wait," I told him. I wondered why she wasn't back. It was dark outside, and she had a habit of getting lost. If she wasn't back soon, I'd have to go find her.

Pony stepped inside and sat down on the couch. I followed him and turned the TV back on. It wasn't long before the front door creaked open.

"Jenny!" Pony exclaimed as she stumbled in, bruised and bloody, "What happened to you?"

"That's also none of your business," she growled and tried to continue down the hallway. I stepped I front of her, blocking her path.

"What happened?" I asked.

"What does it look like? The damn Socs got me!" she screamed, trying to push past me. She walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I could hear the sounds of running water.

Jenny's POV

~~~~~~~~~~

I hadn't meant to snap at him, but I was still angry at Pony, and I was angry at the Socs.

I turned on the faucet and warm water poured out. I wiped the blood off of my face and my arms with a wet towel and then glanced in the mirror. I wished that I could wash the bruises off too. They covered my face in large black and purple spots.

I stepped out of the bathroom, and, of course, Pony and Two-Bit were waiting.

"Can I talk to you?" Pony asked.

"Fine," I said, crossing my arms and following him into the living room.

"I'm sorry for bothering you about your relationship and not minding my own business," he said.

"Whatever."

"Jenny, will you please forgive me? I hate when someone in the gang is angry at me," he pleaded.

"Fine, you're forgiven," I sighed.

"Okay, bye." he said, quickly leaving, probably worried I would take back my forgiveness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hi. Sorry, I know this chapter was kind of boring. I'll try to make the next few chapters more interesting.

Do you guys think I update too often?

Remember to vote and comment if you are enjoying the story.