Chapter 1

Dylan's POV

I race through the forest, my jet black fur blowing in the wind as I do. This is what being free feels like, the wind against my fur, my paws carrying me fast, the feeling is exhilarating.

I stop by a cliff over looking the magnificent forest with a small human town somewhere in it and I let out a loud and powerful howl. Birds fly from the trees in all directions.

I turn around and continue running jumping over logs and dodging trees, missing them by no more than mere inches. My paws move fast on the unset paths of the forest, allowing me to travel as far as I want through the expanse of nature.

I stop by a peaceful lake to drink lowering my head and drinking the cool water, happy to refresh myself after running for as long as I have been.

I feel the cool water on my tongue and the soft grass beneath my paws as I watch the calm ripples in the crystal clear water.

I suddenly catch a wiff of the most intoxicating smell. It is quite faint, but it's definitely there and it amazing. The beautiful scent of vanilla, roses and chocolate which demands my immediate attention.

I lift my head as it gets closer and I stalk towards it, curious and drawn to it. I creep to the bushes and lie in wait to see what is giving off the scent.

After only a few seconds of patiently waiting and anticipating the source of the scent I can hear footsteps approaching nearby in my direction.

I look through the bush to see a beautiful human girl with shoulder length loose golden brown hair that have soft curls.

I feel the strange urge to comb my fingers through her soft tresses and to stroke her hair.

Her fair, slightly pale, skin looks so soft and smooth and it glows beautifully. She wears a pleated denim blue skirt reaching just about or below her mid thighs she has a crisp white top with straps and elasticated off the shoulder sleeves tucked into it and with it a pair of white sneakers.

She gives off the most intoxicating scent as she walks by me looking at the nature with a sketch book resting on her one arm while she sketches not looking my way.

I can't help but be mesmerized by the human girl and I quietly and unnoticeably follow her watching her every move with great interest as her hips sway naturally with each step.

She reaches the lake and I watch as she sits down and crosses her legs and stares at the waterfall and sketches as if it's a daily routine.

I stare at her wanting a closer look but knowing if she spots me like this I may scare her off for good and if I shift it would look as if I'd been stalking her and I'd scare her off, so I stay hiding longing for her touch and to hear her voice which I am sure is an angelic one to compliment her already angelic looks.

I silently lie down and rest my wolf head on my front paws my tail waging a little.

As each second passes my feeling of running to her gets stronger. I want to leave before I go to her but I can't I have to follow her, find out where she lives her schedule. I have to know more about her.

She lifts her arm and looks at a white watch with a few diamonds in it. However they look fake luckily because I wouldn't want to try follow her to a mansion. The watch does not look too new but still in good condition from what I can see.

She quickly gets up and dusts herself off closing her book and I silently whimper, having a feeling she'll be going.

She turns around and I see her face. It's beautiful. She has beautiful piercing green blue eyes. Mesmerizing ones. The type that you could stare at and feel as if they are windows to her soul and to compliment them she has gorgeous cherry red rosy lips, which I want to kiss.

MATE!!!!!!!!

My wolf side begins to go wild. I begin nipping at my paws inflicting slight pain to distract myself from the gorgeous angel as my tail wags like a puppy's would when it's owner brought it it's favourite treats.

She begins to run, seeming to be in a rush and I follow her behind the trees and bushes staying out of sight but making sure I keep up with her, knowing I can't dare to lose her now.

She doesn't seem to run as fast as me but then my type run much faster than humans.

I shift near the edge of the forest and follow her out secretly in my cut off sleeve black top with a silver howling wolf on the back amd my ripped shorts and my black tackies my hand running through my raven black messyish hair, my hands go to the pockets of my shorts as I act as if I'm on a similar path to her.

I watch from the corner of my eye as she quickly opens a gate and runs to the door of a two story house.

I use my advanced hearing to listen in and I hear the sound of a slap. A hand hitting her. I can hear her hitting the floor and I hear her whimper and whatever comes before scream in pain.

I can't do anything to save her. I can only stand in front of her house and listen horrified by the sounds of my human mate in pain.

I listen as she is shouted at and disciplined for going missing curfew by a minute and I clench my fists internally growling my inner wolf going mad howling to be let out and go help his mate.

"Go make supper now!" A dominant male voice shouts at the girl after an hour of beatings.

I want to help her but I can't just barge in there. I'll expose myself and my pack and probably frighten off my poor little mate. If I were to somehow get a hold of the authorities, she'll be taken away and I will be unable to get her whilst she is protected.
"Yes father." She says softly.

"You better not come late again you know the rules. For every minute late there is an hour of beatings you'll get within a week as a consequence." He shouts at her before throwing a punch to her face and I hear her fall to the floor. His voice sounds drunken and I smell it too.

"WHERE IS SUPPER!!" A female voice screeches.

"I-I was about to start making it mother." She whimpers getting to her her and I growl softly and turn away and walk off before I do something I likely won't regret.

I reach the forest and turn into my magnificent wolf form and run to the pack house in the centre of the woods where I shift back to my human form proudly flexing my muscles.

"Hey Lan where have you been. Your runs never take this long." James says.

"It was nothing I guess Jay." I shrug walking in, in a bad mood.

"Dylan what is going on you're always in a better state of mind after your runs." He says.

"Something wonderful then terrible happened and I don't want to talk about it." I say clenching my fists growling at my Beta.

"Wow I've never seen you like this the Blood Alpha, Alpha Dylan." Zack, my Gamma, says chuckles.

"Stay out of it." I growl angered.

"Hey dude calm down we're your friends and I'm your Beta. Just talk to us okay." James says calmly.

"I need you to help me kidnap someone." I say dead serious.

A/N
Please note:

This was published for fun. Keep criticism to a minimum. Please. Hate comments are not nice when you are the one receiving them.

Seriously I understand that this book is not perfect I started writing this when I was 15 or 16 the first half of the book will contain a little bit of toxicity in the relationship and some sexism. If you don't like that stop reading it please, but do not go and comment it because I can see every comment and it really does upset me.

Looking back if I could take out some elements I would but at this stage it is pretty much impossible as it has become the foundation of the story and shows how their relationship grows later on.

SO PLEASE STOP CRITICIZING IT

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE SILENTLY