This is for Stan Lee's fans, friends and family

Smart
Talented
Amazing
Noble

Idol
Earnest 
Energetic 

Those words and many more are how people described Stan Lee and how they will continue to describe him. 

Stan Lee was born on December 28th in 1922 to parents Celia and Jack Lieber, in Manhattan New York. He and his younger brother, Larry Lieber, grew up watching Errol Flynn play heroic roles on t.v. That is one of the things that inspired Stan Lee's love of acting, along with reading and watching other movies. In his teens, Lee attended DeWitt Clinton High School in the Bronx. 

During his teen life, he enjoyed writing. With help from his uncle Robbie Solomon, he got a part time job as an assistant working with the Timely Comics. That was what sparked his interest in writing comics for himself. 

The superhero archetype was revived in the 1950s by DC comics editor, Julius Schwartz. Lee got advice from his wife to create a new superhero team using his imagination, when he was asked by Schwartz himself to come up with a new team. Lee created the Fantastic Four, with the help of artist Jack Kirby, and from there...well I bet you know.

You can read more about Stan Lee on Wikipedia. Lee had help from his wife, close friends and many others to create the comics we have today. He was a man with a strong imagination but an even stronger love for his fans. He wanted, and loved, creating new stories that he knew young people would love and remember for the rest of their lives. Adults too.

I still need to read the comics, even if I'm still reading them when I become a mom of my own. I will make sure my kids know who Stan Lee was and have them read the comics along with having them watch all the Marvel movies.

Stan Lee gave the world the Marvel universe, and for that I am so, so grateful because without Marvel I wouldn't have experienced the things I have.

Many thanks to his friends and family also, because Stan couldn't have made those comics, movies and wouldn't have lived the incredible life he did without them.

I will always remember what a wonderful and awesome man he was and I will always love him.

I hope you do too.