Prologue

Deep in the ruins of a world long forgotten, there was a glisten of light that not even the sharpest eye could see. A wondrous cavern hidden deep within the world's tallest landmark. Massive crystals surrounded the center in a circular pattern, whereas a large statue of an ancient goddess stood behind the largest gem, watching over the center. Many rusted blades were scattered around, either impaled into the ground or broken in pieces.

A tiny ray of light seeped through the smallest crack in the rocky ceiling, bouncing off from one colorful crystal to another and bathing the rest of the cavern in a warm, iridescent light.

Blurry, yet noticeable, two souls could be seen hand in hand within the largest gem beneath the statue's gaze. Frozen in time and unaware of the constantly changing world around them. While their disappearance became a mystery on its own, their sacrifice hasn't gone unnoticed by those they once held dear.

They followed the footsteps of the past and dealt with the horrors the present had for them. Their efforts never went unsung.

Whether it was a city isolated from the rest of the world or a realm where the land was infinite and the seas were bottomless, they forged history wherever they went.

The Cursed Generation was despised by most and worshipped by few. Their snowy-white hair and crimson-red eyes were the common features that garnered attention. The animosity imposed on mere children grew far beyond the barriers of what was humane. Not many lived to see the light of day or even a decade's worth of life. These two souls were the lucky ones. Their lives became nothing short of extraordinary, but the hardships never ceased.

When the full moon was the final witness to their clash with the Precursor of Calamity, they eluded nearly every deity. Only a few beings, both mortal and immortal knew what took place on this forsaken land. In every lifetime, there's a chance to change everything and direct the future, these two reached out and took advantage of it despite the terrible cost they had to pay.

Time has slowly drifted away and the world they once knew vanished.

And here begins our story, the very lives that were not mourned, but rather, were celebrated. The butterfly effect caused by their actions forever shaped the future of the universe. Everything began with them, so proclaimed the Goddess of Creation.