THE SUN WILL SHINE ON US AGAIN, a thank you note

yes, i could simply make a post about this on my message board. but i don't want to; we lost a legend, an inspiration today. it's a sad day for everyone who loved this man & his works. my condolences go out to his family, to his co-workers & the actors/actresses that worked alongside him. they really are blessed to have known this man personally.

this should remain in writing. if anything survives from this account, may this be it. this beautiful minded man passed away earlier today & it has a lot of us mourning.

we all have our stories about how stan lee impacted our lives, one way or another. me, personally, my first mcu film was iron man 3. & oh, how that changed who i am as a person.

because of marvel, i believe in women being heroes. i believe in men being heroes. i believe in science. i believe in faith in one another. i believe in trust & compassion. i believe that not everything is black & white. i believe that there is good where it cannot be seen, because goodness is not tangible. i believe in redemption. there are a hundred things i believe that were born from, or impacted by marvel & it's creator.

& yes, this is sad. i'll cry during the next marvel film i watch because of this. marvel produced characters that i cling to when i had nowhere else to go. characters that i felt for on a personal level & love with all my heart. characters that were a comfort for me, & a more of a family than my own was, most days. i'm damn near crying right now. but why mourn the loss of his life, when we can commemorate his time here & his brilliance.

remember when he called tony stark, tony STANK?

remember when he called a write chick crazy stupid fine?

remember when he was peter parker's bus driver?

do you remember all of it?

because i do, & he doesn't deserve to be forgotten. no-one does. how CAN we forget this man & his creations, his beautiful minds & his belief that it's okay to be different?

we can't.

so thank you, stan lee, for creating. for writing, for acting, for making us laugh & cry. thank you for spreading the message that differences are nothing to be ashamed of. that goodness does exist. that there are heroes.

thank you for being with us till the end of the line.