Why Won't you love me - Hwang Hyunjin

"We're not alright but I'll pretend."

Your constant fighting with Hyunjin was getting tiring. Obviously he had opinions and you had yours. But they were often to different to you to resolve the fights.

Hyunjin was leaving for New York tomorrow night. You both still didn't work out the fight you two had three days ago. In fact you hadn't said one word to each other since then. You honestly didn't feel like you were even in a relationship with him anymore.

You and Changbin were best friends before you even met Hyunjin, so you came to him for all your problems. You felt bad about talking about Hyunjin behind his back. But  you needed someone to talk to, who knew Hyunjin better than you did.

---------

The flight for New York was boarding, I looked down at my phone waiting for a text from Y/N. Wishing me a safe flight like she normally did. Nothing. A whole 3 days of nothing. No goodnight, no good morning. I felt lonely. She used to be my everything. What was she now?

The boys and I entered our hotel room in the early morning. Chan had noticed my down mood on the plane, I brushed it off as nothing. As we laid down for the night my phone dinged.

Y/N:  Changbin told me what happened. We're over.

"Just be good till I get back."

I looked over at Changbin. He had his phone in front of his face as he typed away at something.

"What did you tell her?" I spoke up, causing all the heads in the room to look at me.

Changbin set his phone down and chuckled lowly.

"You weren't going to tell her so I did." He shrugged

"What are you guys talking about?" Chan asked

"Hyunjin's a cheater." Changbin smirked

"He's a what?" Chan asked, sounding shocked

"Listen I-"

"Explain." Chan intteruppted.

2 months ago

Jyp had thrown a party for all the JYP artists. Y/N couldn't come because she was focusing on studying. But as I walked into the building I sorta forgot I had a girlfriend for a while. I started up a conversation with Chaeyoung (twice) and we really hit it off. We started talking more and more, but before I knew it she kissed me. I didn't stop her, our thing went on for weeks and I never told Y/N.

----------

Chan's shocked expression snapped me back into reality.

"Y/N is such a sweet girl Hyunjin. Why would you do that to her?" Seungmin asked.

"I don't know....it just never crossed my mind to stop it..." I sighed

Changbin let out another chuckle.

"What are you laughing at?" I raised my voice.

"Who knew Hyunjin could have such a come heart. No wonder she's been choosing me over you." He smirked

I stood up and threw a punch towards his jaw. And another. More and more before I was pulled off by Chan and Minho.

--------

The following performance at Kcon was awkward. I didn't talk to any of the boys since last night. Changbin was getting his bruises covered by makeup.

Changbin and Jisung opened the performance, as the rest of the boys and I stood on stage waiting for the dance break. Normally I was fueled but the feeling if Y/N watching my performance. I knew she didn't care about me anymore. I could have done better but the image of her sad face when Changbin told her kept playing in my head.

After we got off stage I collapsed in tears. The members didn't bother to help me, Jeongin dragged me into the dressing room and let me cry as they changed. I felt sorry but nothing at the same time.

----------

"The ground disappears, I hold back the tears."

Changbin had messaged me saying they were landing back in Korea. He even invited me over to have lunch with him and Felix.

I slowly and hesitantly walked up the steps leading to their dorms. I didn't even want to ring the doorbell with the fear that Hyunjin would answer. But I shrugged it off and pressed the button. After a few seconds of waiting Felix's bright smile greeted me.

"Hey Y/N." He smiled

"Hey lixie." I hugged him.

We walked in at sat at their table. They had ordered pizza and bought alot of junk food. We sat there for about an hour before they both went upstairs where Chan called them.

I say by myself munching on a few Cheetos when Hyunjin came downstairs.

I avoided his gaze but he just came closer to me.

"Hi Y/N" he sighed

"Hello Hyunjin." I said in a monotone voice.

"Can we just talk it out?" He asked, his voice cracking. Meaning he was close to crying.

"Hyunjin you know I can't forgive you. I trusted you and you broke that trust. I'm not willing to give you a second chance. Just please, find someone else." I hurriedly rushed out without saying goodbye to Felix and Changbin.

1 week later

I sat talking to my best friend Avery about Hyunjin. She brought up the topic about Changbin and I friendship. How he told me when he could have just liked to me to protect Hyunjin.

I didn't understand what she meant until the realization hit me.

I loved Changbin.

I ran to his studio in pouring rain. I knocked on his door as he answered.

"Y)N what are you doing it's freezing outside!" He rushed me in and handed me his hoodie.

"Changbin listen, we've been friends FORVER. You know that, but ever since I broke up with Hyunjin I realized my true feelings for you. I love you. Not just as a friend. But more than that. When Hyunjin was talking to me that day when I was with you and Felix I just was thinking about you. Only you-"

He cut me off with a kiss.

"I've always loved you too baby girl." He smiled after he pulled away.

-----------

Little did they know I was standing outside the studio door waiting to talk to Changbin. I guess I knew Hyunjin could have such a cold heart. I guess only I knew the real me.