1

"I'm gonna be so late, God I'm gonna be so late."

Anna was speed walking down the sidewalk of 12th street, fresh coffee in one hand and her phone in the other. She was on her way to her fourth job interview this month. She wasn't late yet, but if she didn't put more pep in her step, she definitely was going to be.

"C'mon, c'mon..."

Her high heeled foot tapped on the pavement as she waited for the crosswalk signal to change. She checked the time. Her interview was at 11:30, and it was 11:12. She bit her lip. If she ran the rest of the way she could make it. The question was, did she really want to show up to her interview drenched in sweat?

She stared down at her shoes as she waited. She wore a pair of her older sisters navy blue two inch high heels. They were a few years old, and had definitely seen better days, but Anna did not own a single pair of high heels. The fanciest shoes she owned were a pair of nice sandals.

Anna huffed and made a decision. She tucked her phone into a purse she had borrowed from her mother, wiped her sweaty hand on her black pleated skirt, and took a big gulp of hot coffee, ignoring how much it burned her tongue. And then, she bolted across the street when the crosswalk figure popped up.

Anna was definitely not a runner. She did not like to run, jog, she barely even liked to walk. Part of the reason she even wanted to get a job was because she was tired of walking everywhere. Granted, she was twenty and should get a job anyway, but still. She was also incredibly out of shape. Just running across the street put her out of breath, but she kept going.

She whizzed between the large crowds of people. Her feet were killing her, her hair continuously stuck to her lipstick and she just knew she had lipstick all over her face now, but eventually she could see the building she was looking for. She sighed in relief, stopping to catch her breath for a second. She took off running again, weaving her way through the people. But luck was not on Anna's side. Not today, not ever.

She must have missed the bump in the sidewalk due to it being slightly raised from tree roots underneath because Anna suddenly lost her balance. As if it was straight out of a movie, she fell forward, coffee flying out of her grip & her purse flung off of her arm. Anna's life flashed before her eyes. She hadn't gotten her first car yet. She hasn't gotten her own place yet. She hadn't gotten her first job yet. She hadn't had her first kiss yet.

Anna stuck her hands out, bracing for some kind of impact. However the impact she received was soft, and slightly warm. And a bit... wet? She looked up, only to lock eyes with a man. She was immediately captivated by his brown eyes and she struggled to break eye contact. He gripped her arms, making sure she wasn't going to fall, and she had a death grip on his shirt. That's when she saw why his shirt was wet.

"Oh no.... oh God I'm so sorry," Anna began pleading to the man. In that entire process, her coffee had spilled all on the front of his suit. And it looked expensive. "I- I don't have any m-money right now but I will find a w-way to replace your suit."

"This is Gucci," was all the man said back. They released their grip on each other.

"Oh," Anna replied. She didn't know much about Gucci, but she knew she'd have to sell a limb in order to replace his suit jacket & shirt underneath.

The man simply sighed, ran a hand through his brown hair, and pushed past her, leaving her dumbfounded and on the verge of tears.

><><><><><

Anna lay in her bed, ankle wrapped in a bandage. She was certain she twisted it when she tripped. She was still filled with embarrassment & it had nearly been over 24 hours.

'This is Gucci,' the voice replayed in her head. She huffed.

Anna's bedroom door burst open, making her jump. Her best friend, Tessa, stood there with her arms crossed and a scowl on her face.

"Why haven't you answered any of my texts," she demanded, cocking her head slightly. Anna groaned, pulling her bed covers over her head. Tessa lived in the same apartment complex from Anna, so whenever Anna would ignore her, Tessa would always come over. Tessa ran into the room and pounced on her friend.

"Leave me to die of embarrassment," Anna mumbled from under the covers. Tessa pulled the covers off.

"What did you do now? Spill the tea, sis," She said with a grin. Anna rolled her eyes and sat up abruptly.

"So I was going to my job interview right, and I was running late- typical me, I know. So I decided that I would run there so I could maybe make it in time and of course I just had to trip."

"Oh Anna," Tessa covered her mouth, trying to stifle a laugh.

"Wait there's more," Anna sighed. "I fell onto some guy. Like, he caught me."

"How romantic."

"Well.... my coffee kind of went flying out of my hand and onto his suit."

Tessa gasped.

"Yeah. I wanted to die. I told him I was sorry and that I would somehow find the money to replace his suit, and you wanna know what his response was?"

"What?"

"This is Gucci," Anna told her, putting on her best snobby, deep voice impression. "And then he walked away!" Tessa gasped again.

"No he didn't!"

Anna slammed her hands onto her bed. "Oh but he did!"

"What a jerk!"

"I know! It's like I was scum on the bottom of his shoe. I wanted to cry so bad and then I ended up being late to my interview because of that."

"Was he hot?"

"What?" Anna was confused. "I'm venting to you about this jerk and you want to know if he's hot?"

"Well, yeah," Tessa grinned. "I mean, if he was at least attractive it wouldn't be so bad. But like, if he's ugly then, y'know..."

Anna rolled her eyes. "I wasn't paying attention to that. I was more baffled by how rude he was."

"Well you did spill coffee on his Gucci suit that was probably like three grand."

"It was an accident!" Anna defended herself. She frowned. "I guess he would probably be attractive if he wasn't so rude. I just remember he looked Asian and he had the most beautiful brown eyes."

\~/

guess who's back, back again, vee is back, maybe tell a friend if ur feeling up to it idk it'd be cool tho

hehehehehe

hopefully i can stick around until the end fingers crossed