Chapter 2

*next day*

•Katie's P.O.V•

Me and Meagan babysat yesterday and Meagan didn't seem like herself. I didn't ask her yesterday because we were around the kids and it was really late when we left. I'm going to message her in a bit. She's probably taking her shower now. Then she has some things to do. I'll message her in about an hour and a half.

^ hour and a half later ^

M=Meagan K=Katie

K- hey

M- hey

K- what's up?

M- nothing. just sat down.

K- cool

M- yeah

K- I have to ask you something.

M- ok?

K- is there something wrong? you weren't yourself yesterday while we were babysitting.

M- no. nothing's wrong. I was just thinking

K- ok. you know you can tell me anything, right?

M- yeah, I know

K- ok. ill message you later

M- ok

• Meagan P.O.V •

Dammit! I knew Katie was going to ask what was wrong. I was thinking about what my dad was going to do to me this time. I just can't tell Katie that he abuses me. I know I can tell her I just don't want to.

My dad did abuse me last night as well as this morning. I obviously have to wear makeup, so after my shower I put on my makeup like I always do. Just as I finished doing my makeup, Katie messaged me. I knew I couldn't avoid this question forever. " Is there something wrong?" that's the question. I just played it off as I was just thinking.

• back to Katie's P.O.V •

I know I'm Meagan's best friend and I can tell when she's lying. Her telling me that nothing was wrong, she was obviously lying. I didn't want to push it so I just left it alone. If she wants to tell me she can tell me when she's ready.

I'm going to message her and see is she wants to go shopping.

K- hey. wanna go shopping?

M- sure. let me ask my dad.

K- k

M- b back in 5.

K- k

*5 mins later*

M- my dad said its ok.

K- ok. I'll be there in 15.

M- k. see you then.

K- bye sis

M- bye sis

*15 mins later*

Meagan opened the door and immediately hugged me.

"Hey, what was that for?" I asked after she let go.

"Just because." she replied.

"Oh, ok" I said.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"THE MALL!" I yelled.

"OK!" she yelled back.

While we were driving to the mall we had music on. We were singing along for awhile until Meagan just stopped which was weird because she never does.

"Hey meg, what's wrong? why'd you stop singing?" I worriedly asked.

"I just to want to anymore." she replied blankly.

"Oh, ok."

We got to the mall shortly after that. we spent 3 hours shopping but it was okay because Meagan was laughing and was really happy.

We went home after paying for our clothes at forever 21. Since Meagan was in a better mood she sang until we got home.

•next chapter done!

•chapter 3 will be uploaded sometime next week.

•hope you enjoyed!