Finally we meet.

Anne's POV:
I've been staying with the Cuthberts for a few days now and I can't wait to make some new friends and read the most glorious and romantical books at school.

Before I head out, Diana rushes up to me to walk to school with each other. As we walk to school I spot a handsome yet plain-looking boy looking at me, but I pretend to not see him.

Diana and I are excited to let me get to know her friends and fellow classmates. I've never been to school before since I was in an orphanage of horrors growing up, but I can't wait to go now.

Once Diana and I get to the school, we take off our coats and start to hang out cold gloves and scarves. As we are about to finish, the strange boy looks at me and sends a wink my way.

I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy stealing a wink from the handsome boy, but I do find it rather funny that he would send a wink my way although I'm a stranger.

I guess Diana caught me looking at the boy since she started talking about him. "That's Gilbert Blythe, isn't he just handsome?"
As I heard Diana's question, I thought it wouldn't be a shame to tell her that I did think that he was quite a handsome fellow.

As the class is about to start, Gilbert Blythe comes up to me and tugs on one of my tightly braided pigtails, "What's your name, Carrots?"

I felt outraged and offended by Gilbert Blythe's statement. I was so outraged in fact, that I hit him right on the head with my new slate! My new slate had been my something I treasured since Murilla and Matthew has given it to me, but now it looks horrible and cracked!

Gilbert Blythe may be a handsome boy trying to get my attention, but that does not give him a single right to do something as horrible as that to me, not even if I have bright red and unappealing hair!

The teacher Mr.Philipps had caught me hitting the slate to Gilbert Blythe's head and had made me stand in front of the class while receiving a severe punishment.

All I can say is that today did not go how I anticipated not how I expected it to play out.
Gilbert Blythe is most certainly the last person I will marry or make a friendship with, not right now at least.