Chapter 46

I planned to talk to Debra as soon as I got there,  that male had me so pissed off I couldn't think straight.   She always seemed to have good insight , maybe she could come up with a few ideas  on how best to handle the load of crap I was just handed. 

 I noticed there were several males still guarding the area around the house. I got suspicious looks from the one nearest the door.  Why were they even  here, the trial was over and we "won" so to speak . So the threat shouldn't be there anymore.  Jack's pack was leaving soon, and he was apparently done using us .  So why did we need protection? 

 Or was it really about protecting us, maybe it was all about keeping us where they want us. Were we truly free now or have we just traded owners.   My distrustful mind was full of conspiracy theories about both of these packs. All the lies they fed us in the last twenty four hours, and how events were twisted to fit their needs.

 I trusted none of the males that surrounded me, and I never would with good reason .

Closing the door behind me after entering the house, no one even noticed I came in. The room was busy in loud conversation. Two of the females sat on the bed crying, while the discussion flew around them. I quickly found Debra and pulled her aside to talk. I needed to find out what the uproar was about and deal with it . I had time later to discuss my problem with her.

" What's going on here?"  

"Apparently two of the female found their mates, they are in Jack's pack" Debra said with a sigh.

I never even gave any thought to that happening.Sure there  was always a possibility , but it was the last thing any of us had on our minds. But now I understood their distress, I wouldn't have wanted my mate to find me here under these circumstances.  There is no way they couldn't have known about all the sexual abuse suffered here.  

" Were they rejected by the males?"  That wouldn't have surprised me, who wants a mate that was treated like a cum depository for all the males in this place.  Males prefer virgin female mates, they want to be the one that "goes where no man has ever gone before".  That wouldn't apply to  any female in this room, including myself. We were used good as far as they were concerned.  It didn't matter if the male had other females  before her, they could whore around all they wanted but not the females.  Our society was full of these double standards, not just in werewolf society. It wasn't fair.

"No,  actually they  want to take them back to their pack when they leave. It's the females who  want to reject them, they are afraid and scared of the males. "  As Debra spoke, I knew it just wasn't those two who had that fear.  Everyone of us has had nothing but abuse from the males around us, how can you expect anything else after that.

" It's up to them, I understand totally if they refuse to go. I don't think I could either at this point."  it was the truth, right now I would do the same thing. I'm not interested in finding my mate , my life is a mess right now and I have to work on fixing it first.

Debra's face glazes over, someone is mind linking her. After a few minutes it's over , and she looks kinda pissed off .  

"That was Alpha Andrew, we have to go back to the food building. He has some final  announcements for everyone, Jack's pack included.  We have about thirty minutes before we have to be there" 

She announced it to the others so they could get ready. Before returning to our little talk.

"Why the pissed look, what aren't you telling me?"  She's holding back something from me.

"All I know is that it's has to do with all of us, and the pissed look is because I don't want to see that asshole Jack's face again."  

" And I haven't even told you our conversion yet, that pissed look is going to be there for awhile" then I gave her the lowdown on Jack and our talk.  She was furious by the time I was done, and my anger returned with a fury just talking about it.