009, SAD BI BOY!

SKULLS / CHAPTER NINE
SAD BI BOY!

———

"YOU! SKULLBOY, COME HERE."

Silas rolls his eyes below the mask and jogs lightly across to where Spiderman is stood adjacent to him. The road is almost completely silent at that moment in time - after what's been happening in the city recently, most of the back streets are deserted of citizens for fear of getting caught in the middle of a fight between a superhero and a villain.

"What do you want?" He tries his hardest to keep any faint trace of anger out of his voice, but it doesn't work - lately, the fury in Silas' veins has been worse than ever, and he isn't sure why.

When he was a kid, he can remember screaming and shouting and throwing so many tantrums, and then it started to fade away. Maybe it was when his father went missing, and the fight started to leave him, because what was the point anymore?

Noticing Silas' bad mood, Spiderdude hangs his head in shame. "I-I need your help."

Silas can't help but smirk. "Say that again? I didn't quite hear you request help from the boy who's job you very angrily stole." He's enjoying stringing him along, but some part of his mind is reminding him that he has superhero status, and should probably stop being an asshole now.

"I need you to help me with something." He repeats, the mask muffling his words a little more. Silas is in half a mind to turn around and run in the opposite direction - he's had enough self-regret today without ruining something else.

Somehow, his mind directly disobeys him, and the flight instinct changes itself into a sarcastic grin and intense stare. "Depends what it is. I only operate above the law. And below, so long as the cops don't know."

Spider-Man laughs nervously - he even goes as far as to scratch the back of his neck - and Silas can't believe how much of a walking, talking cliché this boy is. In fact, their entire story is a literal cliché: sad bi boy gets overtaken by cute superhero and, in typical sad bi boy fashion, falls hopelessly in love with superhero while still crushing on his classmate.

Of course, if this was to go full cliché, it would turn out that Spider-Man and Peter Parker were one and the same, but that definitely isn't true. Unfortunately, Silas has never seen Peter shirtless, but he assumes he's nowhere near muscular enough to be Spiderman.

"... And that's why I need you to help me track down these bad guys." Spider-Man finishes, and Silas mentally reminds himself of the 'smile and wave to look like you're listening' mantra. Every single time someone important is speaking, Silas just sort of zones out completely and goes off on an inner monologue, which is potentially the most narcissistic thing he's ever added to his personal self-hatred list of flaws.

"Yeah, yeah, of course!" He replies brightly, trying to grin and make it seem like he wasn't just regretting everything, like always. "Always on the lookout for ways to help the citizens of this wonderful city!"

Spider-Man - or rather, the Spider suit - raises an eyebrow at this sudden change of tune, before shrugging it off and beckoning Silas along. There's a few split-seconds where he stands awkwardly still, trying to decide if Spider-Man is being serious, before finally catching up and jogging alongside him.

"So! Now I've agreed, what is it that we're actually doing? Does it fall under the illegal side or the morally grey side?" He grins cheekily under the beanie, but eventually realises that he looks extremely stupid, and stares down at the floor as they speed-walk through the city. Silas is pretty sure he can hear all the paparazzi's cameras clicking violently at the pair of them.

It takes a few moments for Spider-Man to respond - the two of them seem to be on a five-second delay that day. "Uh, yeah, we need to- I need to..."

"Take your time." Silas jokes, and he laughs a little, before continuing.

"Well, we need to track these bad guys. Like I already said." He says, gesturing wildly with his hands as they speed up to a gentle run. "And then we need to destroy their weapons, and then we save the city."

Silas nods, his mind automatically starting to consider their best plan of attack. It's his 'mortal superpower', as his mother always called it: as soon as a situation is presented to him, he'll instantly start to work out the easiest way through it. Sometimes it's annoyed him, sometimes he's messed things up because of it, but most of the time, things have worked out.

"Sweet." Silas says to himself absentmindedly, as Spider-Man suddenly picks up speed, starts to run away from him, and eventually, Silas catches sight of the disturbingly unsubtle black van driving faster and faster. It's not even making a vague attempt to blend into regular night traffic.

With a grin, Silas shuts his eyes and starts to focus on running as fast as possible, before manipulating the empty space around him to split the air and allow himself to catch up to Spider-Man.

"Now you're enjoying it!" He laughs, and together, they both run into the darkness. Maybe it's just to get into a fight, maybe they'll end up saving the world, but as cheesy as it sounds, Silas just wants to spend time with Spider-Man, even if it results in broken bones and injuries.

word count: 934!
thanks for reading!