Hickeys

They'd known each other for year now and they were close friends, hell they were best friends. The only person Edgar was close to aside from his older brother. They had battled vampires together and created a friendship out of things they had in common, from comics to foods they both enjoyed. Even though Alan had been there for a lot of it, it was Sam and Edgar who had formed this insanely close bond. If you thought the Frog brothers were attached at the hip, well you hadn't seen Sam Emerson with Edgar Frog. At first Alan was annoyed that someone was coming between him and his brother but on the other hand, he hadn't seen Edgar happy like that in a while. Sam Emerson was the light in his little brothers life and he accepted that.

The younger frog brother rounded the corner with a box of new comics, his big brother was at the counter finishing up with a customer. As soon as the customer was gone Alan turned his attention to his denim vest wearing brother. " So.." He started.

Edgar put the box on the counter and arched an eyebrow."So?" he asked in his usual gravelly voice.

" Where's Sam?" he asked curiously. Now and days the two were never far apart. Alan had his suspicions about his brother and Sam. They were closer than friends. Alan had noticed things from time to time. Like the way Edgar would let Sam play with his hair or fix his bandanna. The lingering touches and prolonged eye contact.

"He's with his mom, something about helping her out with groceries or somethin'" The dirty blonde haired boy said dismissively as he popped the box of new comics open and started to pull them out looking at them.

" Is he coming by ?" Alan arched a brow as he took a few of the new comics to look them over.

"Dunno. Maybe." he shrugged." why?" he looked at his big brother finally, brown eyes curious.

" Was just wondering is all." Alan said as he glanced toward his brother. "It's weird not seeing you together is all." he shrugged.

Edgar nodded a little and bit his inner lip as he looked down at the comics.

"It's not a bad thing Edgar, just an observation." Alan said as he kept an eye on his brother. " Ya know..." he started. " If there's like.. anything you wanna talk about.. " he arched a brow.

Edgar furrowed his brow and glanced toward his brother. " Like what?" he asked softly.

" Just anything, like ya know.. 'bout Sam or whatever it's cool, you can talk to me." Alan said reassuringly as he caught his brother eye.

Edgar nodded slowly." Yeah. I know." he nodded as he looked back down at the comics.

"Good."Alan said before gently nudging him." I like him if that's what you're worried about." Alan said.

Edgar looked at him a little confused." What do you mean?" he asked.

" I just mean, he's not awful. He can be a pain in the ass sometimes but he's a good guy, helpful." he nodded. "I don't mind him being around." he elaborated.

Edgar slowly nodded." Okay, cool." he mumbled as he pulled out more comics. " Good to know." he trailed off.

" Yeah" Alan said gently nudging his brother.

Edgar looked at him for a moment before shaking his head and taking a stack of comics to put them out.

Fifteen minutes later Sam Emerson showed up.

"Sup Al?" he asked as he wandered up to the counter.

"Not much. what's up with you?" he asked making small talk.

Sam shrugged. " Edgar around?" he asked curiously. Blue eyes glancing around the store curiously for the boy with red bandanna.

Al chuckled and then gave a nod." yeah." he said before pointing Sam in Edgars direction.