Prologue

Zeke turns his back on his horse and approaches me. I can see the tears in his eyes as he begins to speak. "Baby...don't you see that I would never hurt you intentionally? You deserve better than that, Ari. You deserve that special someone who will treat you right, whoever that may be." The tears begin to spill over his perfect lashes. "Don't go back. Please, God, don't go back."

I'm crying uncontrollably now. I don't want to leave but I've already hurt him more than I can stand. "Why?" I ask. "Why shouldn't I, Zeke? You don't see it, do you?...you never will."

He gasps and freezes in place. He tilts his head and looks right into my eyes, my soul, like he always seems to do. "But I SEE YOU. I see all of you. I see it when you hurt. I see you when you cry. I see your gorgeous smile when you are happy." I shake my head, choking on my tears.

"And you can't go wrong with those adorable dimples," he tries to joke, but the moment is too serious.

He reaches out to grab my waist and pulls me in, holding me in his strong, warm arms. He puts his mouth near my ear and whispers.

"You are everything and more to me now. No ocean, no country, no animal, no father can take away my love for you."

I look up at him. "But!...Wait...what did you say?"

He pauses, looks down and takes a deep breath. After a few seconds, his deep green eyes meet mine. "I love you Arianna. I love you so mu..."

With those words, I kiss him like I've been wanting to for months. I kiss him with as much love and passion as he has always showed me. He smells of grass and wild flowers, the smells I've come to crave. He kisses me back and our lips move in sync. His lips are so soft, perfect like the rest of him. I loved Zeke and I was gonna show him just how much I did. And I wasn't going to stop...