Chapter Eighteen: What do you mean by that?

-EXE stood up and slammed his fist on the coffee table to get Roscoe to stop talking. He straightened up and glared at everyone while growling. "This is none of your business! What's done is done and that's that! And if you have such respect for me then you shouldn't question my actions!"
-Both Roscoe and Lune shrank back as he stomped over to his bedroom.
-He walked in and slammed the door behind him. He leaned back on the door and tried to calm himself down. The feeling of his cuts burning didn't help, though. He looked around the room and started walking over to the master bathroom.
-This new bathroom seem soothing to him. It was much bigger than the old one. It had a separate shower and bathtub and two separate sinks. The toilet had its own tiny room and there was a small closet right next to it.
-EXE walked over to one of the sinks and looked in the mirror. He had been wrapped in bandages that were stained with blood. He growled and started ripping the bandages off. I'm not weak! After the bandages were off he threw them in a tiny trashcan in the corner of the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror once more. The cuts had stopped bleeding and the bruises were a more lighter shade. He slammed his hand on the sink. I'm not weak! He turned on the sink and splashed his face with water. He started inhaling and exhaling hard as the sound of the running water filled his head and nothing else.
-EXE turned off the water and went to lie down in the bathtub. He curled himself in a ball and let his ears fall. He hated himself for losing to Shadow. He didn't want to fight back because Shadow was just out of his head and was also one of Sonic's closest friends. But to lose and get broken skin out of it corrupted his mind. You did the right thing. He kept telling himself. You did the right thing. But he could not believe it no matter how much he tried. You did the right thing. He gripped his left arm with his right hand and let his claws break through his skin.
-EXE heard the front door slam and sat up from the tub. He put his hand on his arm while he looked at the door. Did Fiona and Scourge leave already? He stood up, got out of the bathtub, and walked out of the bathroom. When he was back into the bedroom he grabbed a rag that was on top of one of the boxes and put it on his arm since it was bleeding and went over to the living room.
-When he entered he saw Scourge and Fiona sitting on the couch, both petting Lune. He looked around and didn't see Sonic or Roscoe. Where are they?
-Lune looked at EXE's direction and immediately jumped off the couch. She ran over to him and bent down looking down at the ground. "Please forgive us! We didn't mean to make you upset."
-EXE bent down and set his hand on her head. "It's fine, though you have a good excuse since you're expecting."
-Lune smiled and started purring. "Merci monsieur."
-EXE stood up and went to sit next to Scourge on the couch. "Where'd Sonic and Roscoe go?"
-Scourge started petting Lune again when she jumped back onto the couch. "Sonic didn't say but I'm pretty sure he went to Shadow's house, and Roscoe decided to follow him there."
-Fiona looked over at EXE and her eyes widened. "Did you take your bandages off!? Why?"
-EXE took the rag off his arm and threw it onto the coffee table. "A waste of bandages. These wounds will heal faster than it would on a normal mobian."
-Fiona looked away and shook her head. She put her hand on her stomach and sighed. "I don't really like that this happened too soon, but I'm actually looking forward to this baby."
-Scourge sighed in relief as Fiona leaned on him.
"What's this book?"
-They all turned and looked at Abby who was holding an old journal of some sort.
-EXE readjusted himself. "Abby. I didn't hear you come in."
-Abby handed the journal to EXE. "It has a bunch of weird stuff in it."
-EXE took the journal from her and started flipping through the pages. His heart started beating fast when he realized what this was. This journal contained information about the book of Dark Magic. EXE had known about the book of Dark Magic for a long time. He hadn't known that Zalgo used it, though. He stopped when he saw a page titled "How to reverse spells" and started shaking. Where the hell did this come from!?
"EXE, are you okay?" Scourge had put a hand on his shoulder which made him snap out of it.
-EXE put the journal on the coffee table and nodded. "Yeah. Yeah I'm fine now."
-Fiona grabbed the journal and studied it, but didn't open it. "What is this?"
-EXE looked at Abby and saw a flash of blue in her eyes. EXE flattened his ears. Abby or Zalgo? He shook his head and looked at Fiona. "It's a journal that contains information about a certain spell book. I don't know how or why it's here, though."
"If I may," Lune stood up, grabbed the journal with her mouth, and jumped onto the coffee table. She set the journal down and started flipping through the pages. "After you and Abby left Sonic and Roscoe went somewhere and came back with zis," She stopped at a page and put her paw on a set of words. "'Special Antique Alley.' Zats an old shop I should think."
"Yeah it is. Some crazy old falcon name Amos runs the place," Scourge looked at the journal then brought his attention to EXE. "Didn't Roscoe mention yelling at an old falcon earlier?"
-EXE nodded and looked at the journal. "Did Sonic or Roscoe mention going there?" He looked over at Lune.
"Not really no. But I'm sure zat is where they went since they came back with zis." She closed the journal and scooted it back to Abby. 
-Abby grabbed the journal and looked at EXE. "What do I do with this?"
"Put it on my bed. I'm going to talk to your father when he gets home," He watched as Abby ran to his room and come back. He motioned her to come and sit next to him as she did. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her in. "How are you feeling?"
-Abby snuggled in and hugged EXE's waist. She was silent for a few seconds before she spoke. "Will Rosy be okay?"
-EXE looked at Scourge and Fiona but they just shrugged their shoulders. He looked back down at Abby. Her eyes were full of sorrow and her ears were drooped forward. EXE rubbed her cheek to soothe her and kissed her forehead. "I'm sure she will," He didn't know if he was lying to Abby or himself when he said this. "By now she would have been rushed to the hospital and taken care of."
-Abby laid down on his lap and looked up at him. "Will I see her again?"
-EXE started rubbing her head. "Of course you will. You can never be separated from someone for long," He sat Abby up right on his lap. "But in all seriousness, this is something you have to bear with being a demon. People won't look at you the same anymore and it's going to be difficult. You're going to need to learn to control this if you don't want it take over."
-Abby widened her eyes and shook her head. "I can't! I don't know how...and I'm too little."
"Now I don't wanna hear that crap. Don't you ever tell yourself 'you can't' or 'you're too little'. You are my child, and my child shouldn't be talking like that," He put his hand on her back and rubbed her back quills. "Abby---" EXE stopped talking when he felt lips touch the side of his face and turned over to see Sonic leaning over the couch. He narrowed his eyes and frowned. "What were you doing at Shadow's house?"
-Sonic jumped over and sat right next to EXE. "I just helped with Rosy and talked things over with Shadow."
"Really now?"
"Yep. By the way, Shadow apologizes to both you and Scourge."
-Scourge snorted in disgust. "Right, sure."
"Ah come off it. Shadow means it."
-Fiona stood up and tapped Scourge's shoulder. "We shouldn't bother you guys any longer," She started walking while motioning for Scourge to follow. "Come on Scourge."
-Scourge stood up and followed Fiona. He turned around and waved his hand. "See ya around."
-EXE waved back. "Yeah. Good luck with that baby."
"What?" Sonic looked at Fiona and Scourge and back at EXE confused.
-After they left Sonic leaned on EXE and rubbed Abby's head. "Feeling better?"
-Abby nodded and jumped off EXE's leg. She ran over to the bathroom and shut the door.
-As Sonic chuckled Roscoe ran out of the kitchen, his face was covered in crumbs.
-Sonic leaned forward and grined. "Are you eating up all the food?"
-Roscoe's eyes widened as he looked over to the bedroom door. "No!" He ran straight into the bedroom with Lune running in behind.
-Abby came back out of the bathroom and walked up to Sonic. "I'm ready to set up my room now."
-Sonic stood up and stretched out his arms. "Alright, I'm coming." He followed Abby into her bedroom, leaving EXE alone on the couch.

-EXE was lying down on the bed getting some rest. Even though Sonic said Shadow had apologized, he still couldn't get over what happened. I'm such an idiot. Stop thinking like a soreloser. You did the right thing. He reminded himself once again. He turned himself over and found himself looking at the journal. He narrowed his eyes and stifled a growl. Why would you go and get involved with this Dark Magic?
-Sonic walked in and sighed as he lied down next to EXE. He wrapped his arms around EXE and snuggled into his back. "You doing alright? I think Abby has gotten over it."
-EXE didn't respond to him.
-Sonic unwrapped his arms from EXE and leaned over EXE. "EXE? Come on, don't ignore me."
-EXE sat up, which also forced Sonic to sit up, grabbed the journal and shoved it onto Sonic. "What the hell were you planning to do with this!?"
-Sonic's eyes widened as he held the journal. He stood up and threw the journal on the floor. "I'm not doing anything!"
-EXE stood up and narrowed his eyes at Sonic. "Right, and I'm supposed to believe you have this journal just because you can?" He asked sarcastically.
-Sonic shook his head and gazed at EXE with pleading eyes. "EXE, please believe me! I wouldn't dare do anything," Sonic walked slowly to EXE and wrapped him a tight hug. "Come one...you know I love you. I was just curious and an old friend of mine happen to know Zalgo."
-EXE pushed Sonic away and stared at him. "What do you mean by that?"