I C o n s t a n t l y T h a n k G o d F o r E s t e b a n

Play Music & Read

[ y e a r  2 0 1 0 ]

Shrugging on my black leather jacket, I walk over to Sarah kissing her soft lips. "Have fun babe- without me" She pouts. My hand caresses her cheek as I plant a kiss on her forehead. "It won't be much fun without you. I'll call you when I'm on my way home" Sarah nods "Okay, I love you" a small pit forms in my stomach. I can't avoid feeling like a piece of shit for lying to this sweet angel. I give her a weak smile. "I love you too" I get in my car driving to the radio station, zacks already waiting for me outside with a shorter tan guy next to him.

"Hey wassup man" I say fist bumping Zack. "Hey- where's Sarah?" A lump catches in my throat. "Em, she had something else to do today... I uh invited an old friend." Zack gives me a look before letting it go. "Whatever, Brendon this is Esteban- he'll be sneaking your friend in." I shake hands with Esteban, completely ignoring the look Zacks giving me. "Waddup man, nice to meet you" "Si Hi"
"So where's this guy?" Zack asks, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Uhm, I'm not sure where she is.-" I say pulling my phone out.

I open my messages about to send Sonny a text when the sweetest sound stops me in the moment.

"Nice jacket rockstar-" my head whips around, being welcomed by Sonny's luminous face.
"- it suits you" she adds as a smile faintly tugs at her lips. And like that, my face goes hot, heart beats turn into chest caving thumps.  Falling into old feelings- again. "Hey! I was just about to text you"
Santino walks closer with the pink gloss glistening from her lips. God damn those lips, full and chap-free, just perfection. "Sorry for being late, I uh- had a change of plans." I shake my head, reaching out for her to walk in my arms. "No no you're fine. I just got here myself-" her body links with mine as she nuzzles her face in the crook of my neck.

"-I'm glad you're here." I say gently, almost secretive. Santino takes a long inhale, hugging me tighter. "Me too"  she pulls away looking up at me. "Can we talk?"  My brows tighten, moving my hands up to her shoulders. "Of course, is everything ok?" She looks away, contemplating whether or not she should continue. "Hey-" I take a step closer, invading her personal space for sure. "-whatever it is, I can help you. You know that" I watch as her pupils jump around to every feature on my face. Sonny's voice comes out with a slight crack. "[sigh] I just-"

"Hey! We going in or what?" Zack interrupts.

[After the show]

[After the show]

"Well that's all the time we have today, Brendon it was wonderful having you-"
"Nah no problem man, it was fun, I love hanging out" 

"No, thank you! Alright, we'll be right back after a short break." Reggie goes off air as I take off my headphones. "You okay?"  I ask, looking over to Sonny. She's been pretty quiet, I know it has to be about what she wanted to say earlier, maybe she'll open up and tell me. But knowing Sonny, that won't happen, not willingly anyway. She's just difficult sometimes. "Yeah, I'm fine" her words were just as weak as her smile. See, difficult. [sigh] I turn her way, folding my arms. "Am I gonna have to force you to tell me?"

She looks away. "I don't have anything to tell, I'm just tired from working all the time.-" she folds her arms, bringing her eyes back to mine. "-[sigh] that's all. There's nothing to force out of me." I don't believe you, not even a little. I decide to leave it alone, due to her angry vain on her temple starting to show.
[Zack comes in]

"Hey, I'm gonna head out. Text you later?"
"Yeah man, sure later."

Zack turns to Sonny. "Nice meeting you, Sonny" She sends him a big smile. "Nice meeting you too." [Zack leaves]
Why hasn't she taken off her jacket yet? We've been here for over a hour. "Sonny take your jacket off, Reggie said we could hang out for a bit" "No I'm fine" ugh "Fine"

We sit in silence for a moment. Sonny's too stubborn to talk first, so I break. "So you've been busy with work? How's that going?"
She sighs running her hands through her hair. "It's awesome, I had a show in Paris last month. And I've been doing photo shoots in Florida and LA" "that's so tight, I'm proud of you" her eyes divert, not wanting the compliment. "Yeah.. thanks". Wassup with her man? Theres another awkward silence, eating away at my core.

"Come on, its so hot in here. At least take the scarf off" a smile tugs at her mouth. "Noo im fine Bren really-" she laughs a little. " Stop being so bossy" there's the sweet sound I've missed. "I'm not bossy" I hop up, attacking her with tickles, causing her to squeal and kick. We laugh together, as I gently wrestle her for the scarf. "Haha stop-"

"Got it!" My voice breathless and tired as I hold up the scarf in victory. "You're so annoying" I laugh wrapping the scarf around myself. Her sweet smell, now wrapped around my neck. "This is actually pretty comfortable"
"Can I have it back please" as I go to give it back to her I notice a purplish mark on her neck. Like a huge mark. "Woah, shit that's big" Sonny looks Around, clearly embarrassed by it. "Sonny, that's fucking huge what is it?!"

"What can I say,Chester's a bit of a vampire"
She says blushing. Ugh, I wish I'd let her keep the scarf. "Who's Chester?"

"Me" A new voice says, walking into the room.
Sonny and I look, both taken off guard. Santino hops up and runs into his arms. Not even letting him. All the way in the room. "Chester, what are you doing here?" So much happiness in her voice, so much yearning answered. I watch as he kisses her lips and holds her waist.

Can I be him?

•••••••

1. Hey babes I said I'll be back with updates so here ya go. My life is hella busy right now so I'll try to post so much as possible

2.favorite part of this chapter?

3. Describe how this is going to end?

4. What you would like to see happen?