Let Me Down Slowly

Inspired by the song of Alec Benjamin

This night is cold in the kingdom

I can feel you fade away

From the kitchen to the bathroom sink

and

Your steps keep me awake

Don't cut me down, throw me out,

leave me here to waste

I once was a man with dignity and grace

Now I'm slipping through the cracks of your cold embrace

So please, please

Could you find a way to let me down slowly?

A little sympathy, I hope you can show
me

If you wanna go then I'll be so lonely

If you're leaving baby let me down slowly

Hakyeon started feeling it a long time ago. The way Taekwoon was falling out for him. For them.

They were both so busy, their schedules so thigh, but there was no way for one of them to slow down. They needed money. They weren't exactly living confortably. But it was draining them so much. Especially Taekwoon. Hakyeon noticed how unfocused he was when they were making love. He noticed the way he would look at other men in the street. He noticed how he would fall asleep without saying good night and waking up without their usual morning kiss.

It was small things. But for Hakyeon it was burning like a cursed fire.

They weren't even married. Yet. It was something both of them promised, when they would have enough money. They didn't want something big, but wanted it to be still memorable.

Hakyeon remembered how they used to be in love. How they used to understand each other with a single glance. But now, Taekwoon's eyes were cripted. He closed himself to Hakyeon, and he probably didn't realized it himself.

Hakyeon spent hours, days, nights, trying to find a solution. Maybe they could fix it. Maybe they weren't broken, just bent. Maybe it was going to be solved. But deep inside of him, he knew it was wrong. He knew he was lying to himself, just buying more time.

Hakyeon loved him so, so much. He cound't imagine a life without him. But because of that, because he loved him, he needed to free him. He cound't be selfish and keep him for him when he could he happier with someone else. With someone that won't be him. Hakyeon wasn't mad at him. It wasn't his fault. Hakyeon just weren't enough for him.

It wasn't something easy he could talk about. He cound't just leave like that. Taekwoon would think it's his fault and would feel guilty. So he waited, hoping Taekwoon would realize that by himself and eventually leave first. But it didn't happen. And Hakyeon could see him growing more and more distant, tired, exhausted. So, during one of their rare moments alone, he finally gathered his strength.