Chapter Thirty-Two

She woke up with a dry mouth and a head ache. Her eyes also felt dry and scratchy, but she forced them open. It was night time, the only light in the room was a small candle that was almost burned out. The room was foreign to her, it's stone walls were red, and the bed was far less comfortable than her and Solas'...

Solas.

Everything came crashing down on her.

Solas. Fen'Harel.

Talyn. Rasdalalen.

Tarasyl.

Hot tears filled her eyes, finally ridding her of that scratchiness.

Oh, gods. Her brain hurt with the amount of knowledge that was filling it, thousands of years' worth of memories and experiences. She only had pieces right now, but they were the important pieces.

"Talyn?!" A groggy Solas exclaimed, jumping from the chair he had been sitting in. He crossed the small space to kneel at the side of her bed, dark circles under his eyes.

"Are you alright?"

She looked at him, at her Solas, her Dread Wolf.

She thought of all of those times where he had dropped such obvious hints. In the Fade that they had created together. In Haven. And Skyhold... where she had slept alone in their bed for months, completely oblivious of the man who should have been beside her.

Solas put a hand on her cheek. And she angrily shoved it away.

"Get away from me!" She hissed, sitting up in the bed so abruptly her head spun.

She stumbled out of the bed anyways, nearly falling and catching herself on the bedpost.

Solas looked alarmed. "What's wrong, vhenan?"

She bared her teeth at him. "I don't know, Fen'Harel. Why don't we start with you lying to me?"

She watched him wince at the name, and his face went pale.

"You remember." He stated.

"Prove me wrong." She begged. Her voice was thick with tears now, the full force of the pain that she had been living with for so long squeezing her heart till it almost burst.

"Show me that it was just a dream. Tell me that you are not Fen'Harel, and I am not Rasdalalen. Tell me that we didn't... That I didn't..." She was choking on her own words. She couldn't finish her sentence.

"I can't." She could hear his regret, and his own pain.

"PROVE IT TO ME!" She roared.

Solas looked away from her, at one of the bare walls that reminded her too much of dried blood. And then his eyes closed, and the cracking of his bones echoed in Talyn's memories. She watched him drop to all fours, watched his body grow and expand, his mouth elongating into a snout with dangerously sharp teeth.

The enormous form of one of Nak'Zur's Cursed stood before her, staring at her with sad silver eyes.

Nak'Zur. Her father, an Elfen Wolf God. A man who had taken innocent Elvhen children and infected them with a beastly Curse.

And her mother was Tarsula... a Dragon Goddess. High Queen of the Wildlands, far north of Elvhenan. Her homeland.

And the Goddess of the Hunt was her lover. A lover that she had slaughtered thousands of innocents for.

"Oh, no."

She fell to her knees and started to rock.

"No. No, no, no."