November

Cold wet dusk of historical downtown, streetlights establishing an air of orange and blues.

You stare at her amongst the people, ordering a coffee in the warmth of a cafe for the two of you. You crave a comforting touch that is just what you need to ease the held tension in your shoulders. The water front is quiet when she is back, the coffee is too hot to drink at the moment but it makes an excellent hand warmer.

You sit with her on a bench, the water dances with the light. She rests on your shoulder, its too cold to be out but she loves the weather. The moments that make you yearn for snow that is so close to coming...

You don't know how to process this feeling, is it emptiness or delight? A hollow chest with a closing throat that still manages to let your embarrassing noises out. She leans in, her nose cold on your cheek as she closes in on her target.

You comment on the weather, laughing and leaning back. 

You've never had any good experience kissing girls, what does it feel like? What do you even do with your hands? Why embarrass yourself now when you can just prolong the inevitable?

She agrees with you. Yes, how chilly it is tonight. Good thing she brought her coat and a scarf. A scarf she then covers the bottom half of her face with.

Freezing, muggy night in the city, streetlights straining the eye.

The Waterfront is screaming silence and your coffee is gone along with the moment.