Chapter 1 Creation

Creation

It was quiet and cold when she opened her eyes or became aware at least she thought she was a her she didn't know she couldn't tell. She felt spread out and she didn't like it, she felt like she knew what she was supposed to look like but she wasn't like that. She tried to form a hand out of the darkness the first time she failed she only managed to create a nub with little stubs for fingers the next time she tried she managed to make a full hand what she didn't know is that she was surrounded in a large test tube in the middle of a brightly lit white room one entire wall was glass. She was being watched as she formed another hand she then started to work on creating arms. The first arm looked malformed and bent oddly if she had a head she would have shaken it she then tried again and was successful."Subject 1398S seems to be doing well with creating their form" a person said on the other side of the glass wall the person who spoke was a man in his early twenties with light brown hair and blue eyes he was wearing a white lab coat over a long-sleeved blue shirt he was also holding a clipboard.

A woman who was sitting down in front of a computer spoke up "no matter how many times I've seen this it's still fascinating watching them make their forms this is the first time one has started to make one after such a sort time after creation and the only one who seems to have white circles on it's cheeks" she said as as she watched through the wall of one way glass. "is that so how long did it normally take the others to make their forms Ms. Sera" the man said curiously as he continued watching the thing in the test tube make their form they had started making their legs they were nice and slim like a woman's and were chubby around the thighs he realized.

The woman now dubbed Sera turned around in her swivel chair "it usually takes them about 5 days to become conscience and another week just about to create their forms though they dissipated as soon as they were out of the tube does that answer your question Falan" she said as she watched as the form change more the body was feminine the body had a slight hourglass figure the body also seemed to be covered with a dress as well "yes it does also the subject seems to have some form of modesty" Falan said as he started writing something on the clipboard. The subject had an oval shaped face and hair that seemed to pool at the bottom of the tube her eyes also seemed to be blank no pupil no iris just black like everything else in her form. Sera looked happy "well this is different a female all of the others were male finally a change" Falan nodded even if this was the first time seeing one of the subjects he was just an intern slash assistant really.

Sera looked at the computer and started to type the unlocking sequence for the test tube a minute later the test tube opened and the subject stepped out wobbly and she then fell she was obviously not used to her legs. "well should we go meet her" Sera said as she walked towards a door that lead into the room. she scanned her key card that was clipped to her lab coat and the door clicked open. As Sera pushed the door open she turned the lights down a bit "hello subject 1398S I am Sera and this is my assistant Falan how are you feeling" as she spoke she smiled at the subject "I am fine?" she looked confused as she spoke her voice was melodious but it sounded unsure "what am I what is my name" Sera was surprised at how she spoke, she spoke with a sense of purpose and it sounded like she wanted answers "you are the living embodiment of a shadow or shadows created here in this lab" Falan said after reading his notes "as for your name we don't know I suppose it will have to be up to you" Sera then said as the living shadow nodded "That seems reasonable but I don't understand what are you doing?" she said "oh we are standing we are going to have to teach how to walk properly I'll get a physical therapy unit in here and get someone to remove the test tube you seem healthy enough" Sera said as she watched shade that was her new name for her until she gave herself one ,bunch up her "hair" it was around 6 feet long and pooled behind her like a puddle of black water. Falan waved as he and Sera left the room the door locking behind them. As they left shade smiled the white spots on her cheeks seemed to glow slightly.

After Falan and Sera left the room Sera called up a physical therapy team that said they could be down to the floor tomorrow. Falan let out a sigh as he looked through the wall of one way glass, shade had seemingly created a sort of nest out of her hair and seemed very comfortable in it. Sera yawned and grabbed 2 empty coffee mugs "I'm going to go grab some coffee want anything in your's" she said as she walked towards the door out of the observation room "no thank you Ms.Sera" Falan said as he watched Shade's hair move out of the nest like circle it was in and moved towards the shadow that the large test tube in the middle of the room cast, as it did that it seemed to contort in odd shapes before it changed into what looked like a claw. Falan looked confused "wait I think you may need to see this Ms.Sera" Sera lifted one of her eyebrows but placed the 2 coffee mugs onto the table and sat beside him. As she sat down the shadow claw settled on its form and reached the shadow it grabbed it and seemed to swallow it, as it swallowed the shadow he test tube seemed to age and crumble. Sera blinked a few times as the shadow then coiled back around Shade. Both Sera and Falan had to take a moment to process what happened then Sera yelled, "what was that?!" she questioned as the brunette shrugged his shoulders "I have no Idea Ms.Sera" he said as he started running a few theories through his head all of them seemed to end with the same question "what would happen if she tried that on a living thing"?

The next day before the physical therapy team was supposed to be in Sera went into the room where Shade was holding a folded up yellow sweater dress. When she opened the door to the white room Shade looked up from the long braid she was doing in her hair "oh hello Ms.Sera how are you" Shade said as she let go of the braid "I just came to give you something I think you would like" Sera said as she showed her the sweater dress it had dark yellow trim around the short sleeves and around the heart cutout in the center of the chest the rest was a warm light yellow. Shade looked at the sweater dress happily "thank you it reminds me of my counterpart can I put it on now" she asked happily as Sera handed her the dress "sure you can" Sera said though she looked confused about who this Counterpart is that Shade is talking about, as Sera thought about that Shade changed into the dress behind her hair. Shade walked out from behind her hair curtains she made "wow that looks very nice on you Shade" Sera said happily as Shade smiled the dress was a little short it was supposed to go to her knees but it turns out she was a bit larger in the chest than Sera had originally thought the dress now went to her mid-thighs.

The Physical therapy team walked into the room a few minuets after Sera had left and gone to the observation room. The leader of the physical therapy team a black haired 32 year old woman with funny bright blue eyes "hello subject 1398S I'm Haley leader of the physical therapy team now the lead observer Sera told us you can stand but but you can't walk how do you move if I may ask" Haley questioned as shade tilted her head to the side " I think I use my hair to sort of move I don't really know" Shade said as she used her hair to take a few steps "I can't walk normally like you all do" she said as her hair pooled behind her and the white circles on her cheeks dulled a little in sadness. Haley just laughed a little "don't worry we will help you walk though may I suggest putting on some pants or something more practical because I don't think that dress is good for exercise" Hayley said gesturing to the dress. Shade looked down at the dress she was wearing "I don't have anything else to wear but I can make some thing else if that's alright" Haley just shrugged "sure its alright with me" Shade nodded and she used her shadows to create a pair of pants over the bottom half of the dress.