19. saving harry

     "WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS?" HARPER ASKED, when she, Fred, George and Ron sneaked out of the Burrow in the middle of the night

"Yours," the three brothers simultaneously said.

It had been her idea, but the more they executed it, the worse the idea seemed to get. They could only hope Molly wouldn't find out or they were so screwed.

"Are we sure this is going to work?" she asked, as the four of them got into the car.

"Sure," George said confidently. "I just have to do this," he pushed on a button and the car started to hover in the air, "and this," he continued while pushing another button and as Harper glanced outside into the old mirror that stood in the garage, she saw that the car had turned invisible. "I don't think it's normal in the Muggle world to see a flying car, am I right, Harp?" George finished, turning her head to look at her, as the car flew out of the garage.

"Watch out for that tree!" Harper cried, and Fred, who sat on next to George, jammed the wheel just in time and Harper slammed into the side of the car, Ron falling against her. The three of them glared at George, who just sheepishly smiled.

"What's this?" Ron asked, taking the map that laid at their feet.

"That's a map!" Harper said, looking over his shoulder. "We are here," she added, pointing at the map, "and Harry lives in Privet Drive, which should be right . . . here!"

"Blimey," Ron muttered, seeing the distance between them and Private Drive, "let's hope the night is long enough."

• ✧ •

AFTER THREE WRONG TURNS AND A NEAR death experience, the four of them were relieved to finally see Harry's house. Harper opened her window and stuck her head out, noticing bars in front of his window.

"Did they put bars in front of his window?" she questioned, her voice edged with fury.

"What?" Ron said, leaning closer to her and glancing out of the window. "Blimey."