Beach Love

I looked out over the balcony of the hotel; I looked out at the sun setting over the ocean, a beautiful sight. I held on to the rail closing my eyes breathing the salty air as I listened to the wave’s crash up on shore. I turned on my heel back in to our fairly large hotel room.

I put on the lanyard, holding the hotel key, as I slipped on my flip flops. I went down to the lobby finding the hall leading to the pool easily.  “Sam, did you unpack?” my mother asked me “Yes, mom I did.” I said grabbing my sunglasses from her, putting them on.

The song ‘Glad You Came’ By the Wanted came on as I lay out on the lounge chair, I slipped out of my bathing suit cover revealing my black bathing suit with neon colored polka dots. I lay back starting to tan when a silhouette blocked the sun from me.

 “Sam,” I heard my younger sister whine.

“Yes, Bree?” I asked, though she was only a year younger than me, she still annoyed me.

“Will you come swimming with me?” she asked obviously too shy to swim alone in a pool full of strangers. I looked at the busy pool, I saw this cute blond at one end of the pool, he looked to be about my age, which is seventeen.

“I suppose I could.” I said taking off the sunglasses setting them down on my chair alongside the hotel room key. I kicked off my flip flops leaving them as I climbed in to the pool, my sister closely behind.

 I bumped in to someone behind me.

“Sorry,” I quickly apologized to a cute brown haired cute guy who looked to be about eighteen.

“Watch where you’re going,” He told me looking annoyed. 

“Jerk,” I said loud enough for him to hear.

“What?” He asked

“You heard me.” I said turning away from him.

“Oh, no” he said pulling me back to face him

“Jeez, real man like of you.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Sam, stop.” My sister begged pulling on my arm. I just tugged my arm out of her grip.

“Be Lucky you’re a girl.” He told me

“Oh, I am? How scary” I said “Just watch yourself.” I added being pulled away by my sister. “He’s a jerk.” I said

“You’re lucky mom and dad were at the hotel room; otherwise you would have been in so much trouble, if you got in a fight.” She told me I just rolled my eyes “Whatever.” I said

Bree dove under water; I didn’t because I finally had a perfect balance of waves and volume; rather than its usual flat and thin style.

“I’m going to the hotel room; do you have your key?” I asked her once she surfaced from the water.

“Yeah,” he said diving again.

I got out of the pool and grabbed my things, wrapping the key around my neck and putting on my flip flops, I decided to carry the cover and sunglasses. I went through the maze of halls the hotel had and found the elevator, pressing the up button. The doors opened after a minute or two revealing the two boys at the pool earlier. 

The jerk that I bumped in to and the guy I thought was cute, before I jumped in. I got in the elevator leaning against the wall, waiting for the doors to close. “Prissy,” the jerk said “It’s Sam you asshole.” I corrected him, as I hit the button for the sixth floor.

“Its Cody,” he said mocking my tone correcting me. 

I put on my sunglasses to avoid eye rolling at him. He started to look me up and down. “You can look but you can’t touch.” I said strictly.