Chapter 2

Chapter 2

That night Annalisa couldn't get the good night rest that she yearned for. She tossed and turned, after an hour she gave up on sleep and just stared blankly at the ceiling. Those red eyes and gleaming teeth frightened her to no end. She didn't have a logical explanation for it, her brain couldn't rack up any excuse that could explain what she saw.

Annalisa was sure that those red eyes and sharp teeth wasn't a figment of her imagination. Now that she thought about it, ever since she stepped into that little shop something wasn't right. That feeling...it was so strong and powerful. It was practically impossible to ignore. Annalisa never felt anything like it before.

The blonde woman, what happened to her? She looked like death hit her, Annalisa wondered as she ran her hand down the cool, smooth locket on her neck. That was another thing Annalisa was puzzled about, what did the young woman mean by 'he wanted me to give it to you? Annalisa knew she wasn't talking about her father, the mall she visited was too far away from his home. Who is he? She questioned.

Annalisa sat up in her bed as the same eerie feeling washed over her. Immediately, her heart began to race. Dread settled in the pit of her gut and Annalisa knew something bad happened when she got that feeling.

A slow bead of sweat rolled down her temple and she shakily lifted her fingers to wipe it away. She hesitated for a moment, before she moved the black duvet away from her body. Slowly, she placed her feet on the cold wooden floor of her bedroom.

Her room was dimly lit because of the soft glow of the night light she plugged into the wall only a few hours earlier. She could see every nook and cranny clearly. It briefly relaxed her until the bad feeling continued to grow into the pit of her stomach.

Annalisa didn't understand why, until she looked at the window. An involuntary ear piercing scream escaped her throat as she scrambled away from her bed.

There in the window was the most gruesome horrifying creature she had ever seen. It had same red eyes as before with it's pointy teeth pulled up into an haunting grin. The face was littered with long cuts and had scarlet blood dripping down it's chin.

The black skin of it's body was blistered and bruised. The hands of the creature was visible through window. It's claws were long and yellow. Annalisa swore she saw human skin hanging off it's claw.

Annalisa wasted no time in turning on her heel and running out of through room. Fear gripped her by the throat successfully suffocating her. Her heart was thumping loudly in her ears as she raced down the hall of her apartment. She was trying to put as much distance between her and the monster as she could.

A cold shiver ran down her spine as she hurriedly grabbed her cell phone from her kitchen counter. Annalisa racked her mind for possible solutions, Oh God! If I leave I risk it catching me and if I stay here it'll come inside my apartment. Annalisa was scared and she didn't know what to do. She didn't want to die and she knew whether she remained here or left the monster would kill her. Annalisa was desperate and she wanted to save herself. She knew standing there in her night gown wasting time wasn't going to help.

Maybe she could call for help? She knew for a fact that the police wouldn't believe a word that came out of her mouth. If she wasn't witnessing it, she wouldn't believe herself either. Maybe she could call a friend?

Annalisa frantically dialed the only person that she knew that lived close to her apartment. She lived in the apartment building right next to hers so she shouldn't be long. Annalisa knew that she couldn't tell her friend what was really going on. She was going have to keep this to herself. She glanced at the clock hanging on the wall as she bought the phone up to her ear. Her frame was violently trembling as she thought about that creature.