02

Chapter Two - I Can't Believe This

"Just what have I gotten into?"

~

Kayla woke to a bird pecking her forehead.

"Ow!" She swatted the bird away and held her head, hissing in pain.

"Damn birds!" She said, cursing under her breath.

Her attention shifted from the pain in her forehead to her surroundings.

Where is she?

She saw a park through some trees and bushes. It was filled with screaming kids who ran around wildly, and her head throbbed again.

"Goddamn birds!" She hissed as she pushed a hand onto the sore spot.

She decided that exploring was better than being pecked by more birds, and stood to leave the park.

Wait,

Her head whipped down to look at her clothes. A pair of jean shorts, her sandals, and a hoodie. Ok, so I'm not naked, She thought in relief.

She continued to walk for a while, thinking about where she was.

All she remembered was watching My Hero Academia with Abby, then going to bed.

A thought crossed her mind and caused her to stop. That's crazy, it'd never happen, she thought as she shook it off. "No way that'd even happen, that's some shit from a fanfiction,"

Oh, if she only knew.

As she continued walking, she noticed the crowds were thinning out and becoming a bit barren.

I wonder why-

Then she was nabbed from her spot.

Ah.

She punched blindly, hitting the culprit as she jumped away when they let go.

A man she'd never seen before stood a few feet away, cradling his cheek in his hands. He looked like a goddamn carrot, with his green hair and orange skin.

Man, I got nabbed by a carrot, Kayla thought as she took a step back.

"You'll pay for that, you bitch!" He seethed. His fists clenched as he ran at her.

"I have a feeling I will if I don' run," she replied before hightailing it out of there. She bolted down the street as fast as she could. There was no way she'd let him catch her, but she could feel him closing in.

It seemed lady luck wasn't on her side today, either.

Kayla tripped over her own two feet and felt her hands scrape against the concrete. Upon impact, she felt something warm where her hands were scraped.

A gasp caught her attention, and she opened her eyes to see what they were gasping about.

That's when she saw fire.

It was all over her hands. She didn't know what happened, or even how her hands started on fire.

She was so caught up in trying to put her hands out, she hadn't noticed the sirens, nor the police cars closing in.

She didn't even notice the carrot guy running for dear life.

"Hold it right there! Make one wrong move and we'll shoot!"

Kayla put her hands up above her head, revealing them to be on fire. 

"Does anyone have a fire extinguisher!?"

~

Now Kayla sat in an interrogation room with two officers. They each had fire extinguishers at their disposal.

And judging from the black ash that coated some of their face and clothes, they'd used them a couple of times.

Any onlooker could tell by the look on the girls face too.

A certain pro hero watched the interrogation through the one-way glass. He couldn't help but think it was rather amusing.

"What were you doing with that villain?" One of the officers asked.

The girl stared at them and frowned, crossing her arms and slouching in her seat. "Running away, he pulled me into an alley and tried to mug me." She grumbled. 

The two officers were careful with asking anything that might fire her up, as they learned their lesson the first few times. One of them wrote in their notepad while the other cleared his throat and asked another question.

"Do you have control over your quirk?"

Snorting, Kayla leaned back and stared at the ceiling. "No." She said.

The other officer wrote down her answer.

"Do you know why you aren't in Japan's records? It says nothing about you being a citizen here,"

"That's because I'm from America. Got mugged the first day I came here," she lied smoothly. She realized where she was after the ride to the police station. She knew she couldn't say exactly what happened, and she was just glad that they couldn't tell she was lying at the moment.

A few more questions were asked, and she answered. 

The two officers left the room and Kayla sat by herself as she sunk deeper into her seat.

Just what have I gotten into?

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry if this chapter is bad, but I hope you enjoy! I'm also sorry for the delay on it being published.