The next day

It was Monday and Tom did not forget what happened the night before and had so many questions to ask but was reluctant as he was scared to find out the answer. However his mother acted like she usually would on a school day, she was enthusiastic and energised and shown no sign that she remembered what had happened yesterday. Tom knew he had to prepare for tonight so he decided at lunch he would go to the library and research anything relating to what had happened the night before. Tom had eaten his coco pops and went upstairs to get into his school uniform.

Half an hour later Toms'  mother shouted for him as it was almost time to leave for school. Tom answered. He knew he couldn't discuss anything with anyone until he knows more but he was sure the first person he would tell was the police.
Tom came down with his shoes on ready to go to school in his mums Astra. His mum put the morning radio on while they drove to school and asked questions like
" What lessons do you have today"
And Tom would tell her. This day was particularly a boring day so when he told his mother he grunted after saying every lesson but his mother would take no notice and say
"Are you liking school"
Tom would always say yes but he wanted to say " what child likes school". Most kids would agree as the school he goes to is so boring that he wishes he had a sick day everyday. As Tom and his mother arrived at his school his mother wishes him a good day. Tom opens the car door and gets out of the car and waves his mother goodbye before he goes to his form
room. Like most days, Tom has some boring lessons leading up to lunch but when it eventually was lunch he headed to the canteen and quickly ate his lunch  with his friends then headed off to the library where he  had about half an hour to do some research. Lunch time was coming to an end and Tom had found out no information at all. This made Tom annoyed that he waisted his whole lunch to find out nothing that could help. He sat through the whole of geography waiting for the school day to end but the hour the geography lesson was felt like hours. When the bell went for the end of the day Tom was the first to leave the classroom so he could get home and prepare for a frightening night. Tom was waiting for his mothers Astra to turn up and as he saw an Astra turn round the corner he ran to where it was parking without realising it wasn't his mothers. Five minutes after, his mothers Astra came and Tom was so pleased as he was exhausted from his tiring day. When he arrived home he went to sit on the sofa holding a bag of popcorn his mum had bought from the shop on the way to get him from school and put Star Wars on the television.
Once the film had finished it was time for dinner so while him and his mum had dinner the soaps where on the television for them to watch while they were eating. After his fish and pasta he had for dinner he finished the rest of his popcorn then it was time for bed. Tom was determined to stay up at midnight so he could investigate. He read an entire book before midnight and when midnight came nothing had happened. Tom was relieved but also disappointed as he had stayed up really late for nothing to happen. He waited a while however nothing happened so he he went asleep ready for the next day of school. Just as Tom was about to fall asleep his door opened and Tom wanted to look but was hesitant to because he was scared that he'll find the monster looking dead into his eyes.
" I know you're awake, go to sleep" said his mother.
Tom was annoyed that he was about to be asleep and his mum awoke to tell him he should be asleep. Tom realised his mother did the same thing yesterday night when Tom heard the monster. He decided he would be able to think  when he's not this tired.