XX

[JASON]

JASON GROANED AS HE lifted himself off of Leo and looked around, "Piper! Kyra! Where are they?"

"Ow, bro!" Leo groaned. "That's my back! I'm not a sofa! Piper, where'd you go?"

"Here," Piper whimpered from above them. Jason helped Leo to his feet and they went up the metal stairs to the catwalk.

They found Piper layed there, her foot pointed in the wrong direction. It was obvious that it was broken,

Leo started to ask, "You okay ... ?" Then he saw her foot. "Oh no, you're not."

"Thanks for the reassurance," Piper groaned.

"You'll be fine," Jason said, wincing at the worry in his voice. He needed to stay calm and to keep her calm too, "Leo, you got any first aid supplies?"

"Yeah—yeah, sure." He dug around in his tool belt and pulled out a wad of gauze and a roll of duct tape.

"How did you—" Piper tried to sit up, and winced. "How did pull that stuff from an empty belt?"

"Magic," Leo answered, "Haven't figure it out completely, but I can summon just about any regular tool out of the pockets, plus some other helpful stuff." He reached into another pocket and pulled out a little tin box. "Breath mint?"

Jason snatched away the mints. "That's great, Leo. Now, can you fix her foot?"

"I'm a mechanic, man. Maybe if she was a car ..." He snapped his fingers. "Wait, what was that godly healing stuff they fed you at camp—Rambo food?"

"Ambrosia, dummy," Piper replied through gritted teeth. "They're in... Kyra's bag."

Jason sat up and looked around, Kyra wasn't there. How could he not notice, "She didn't land with you?" Jason asked Piper, suddenly worried,

Piper shook her head and Jason stood, running his hand through his hair. Did she land by him and Leo? He would've noticed that.

"Hey! Isn't this her bag right here?" Jason turned to see Leo a few feet away, digging through a bag before pulling out a Ziploc bag full of smashed pastry squares like lemon bars. Leo handed some to Piper while Jason looked around. If her bag is here, where's Kyra?

"Dude, not that I don't think that finding Kyra is important, but we should set Piper's foot." Leo told him,

Jason nodded, "Yeah, yeah, okay."

"Have you ever done that before?" Piper asked as Jason kneeled next to her

"Yeah ... I think so."

Leo found an old piece of wood and broke it in half for a splint. Then he got the gauze and duct tape ready. "Hold her leg still," Jason told him. "Piper, this is going to hurt."