WILD

<Wyatt>

How do you react when you finally get something you've been longing for? Do you cry, do you smile, do you jump up and down and scream? But I was still. I fell to my knees as cars zoomed past me.

I had no idea where I was and I now regret not looking where we were going when I was brought here. I missed seeing the light of the city. I ran in the middle of the road and a car slammed on their breaks. My chest was going up and down and my hands were held out wide.

The driver looked at me with panic. He was a young boy my age. He pulled over and rushed by me. He pulled me to the side. He had striking blue eyes and jet black hair. He was gorgeous but all that I could think about was Jaeden.

He looked me up and down. "Are you hurt?" He worries. I shake my head and open my mouth but I am lost for words. "Do you need help?" I nod my head. "Okay, I'm Alec." He extended his hand. I shook it and smiled.

"Wyatt." I responded. "Where are we?" I ask.

"We're right outside the city." He answers.

"The city?"

"NCY. New York City." He says. My jaw drops. We were an hour away from home. "Do you need a ride?"

"You'd let a stranger in the car with you?" I question.

"You don't look like a serial killer to me." He places his hands on his hips and I give him a confused look because it looks like I lived in the woods for my whole life. "Just let me help you." He states. I nod and get into his house.

"Where are you from?" He converses.

"New Jersey." I share, looking out the window.

"Where were you coming from?" I figured it would be safer if he didn't know but maybe he could help me.

"It's complicated but where are you going?" I ask him.

"To my place. Don't worry, I live alone." He smiles. I smile back.

"Doesn't it get...lonely?" I question. He looks down and then back up. Living in the house, I could never imagine doing it alone.

"Sometimes, Yeah." He sighs. It was quiet for a few minutes. "But you never answered my questions." He brings up.

"I think it's safer for you if you didn't know."

"How can that be?"

"Soon. I'll tell you soon."

"Okay." We pull into an apartment complex. It is a nice apartment building. We go to the elevator and head in. "How were you not cold out there? It's November?" We walk up to a door and he unlocks it.

"I made a fire." I share. He looks amazed and really looks like he wants to know my story.

"How long were you out there?" Man, he asks a lot of questions.

"Two days." I tell. The apartments is nice for one person. There is a full couch and flat screen. His kitchen is full and up to date.

"Damn! You must be hungry, here," he takes my bag and sets it to the side. He leads to me the counter and starts to get food out of the pantry. I never realized how hungry I was until I thought about food. An apple and a can of soup is hardly anything for two days.

I eat all the food he gives me and he sits beside me. "Do you really want to know?" I ask him. He eagerly nods. "Can I trust you?" I interrogate. He looks around the room. He just let me into his home. He put his life at risk for me.

"Please." He begs. I nod.

"You might not believe me." I state.

"After what I saw when I found you, I believe you."

"Me and a group of kids were forced into a house and it's been a few months now. Our parents are in change of it and trapped us in. They're in charge of it all." I begin. "We have to take care of ourselves. We farmed and we fished and we cleaned our clothes using the bathtub!" He looks at me in awe.

He moves closer to me and sets a hand on my thigh. "And bad things have happened. We're seven completely different kids. We've fought and we've bickered but we've also found love and we've became friends that would last a lifetime. This was until Finn...he-" I couldn't bare to say the words. "He stabbed himself." Alec's jaw dropped.

"I'm so sorry." He sympathized. He grabbed my hand and gave me an assuring smile. I could feel tears starting to form.

"So we went to the hospital and they kept telling me I was 'the one'." I winced at the memory.

"What's your last name?" He asks me. I look at him oddly. "You look familiar." He clarifies.

"Oleff." I answer. His eyes widen.

"And is the Finn you were talking about THE Finn Wolfhard?" He gapes. I slowly nod my head. "Holy shit! You guys are legends!" He jumps out of his chair and looks at me.

"What are you talking about?" I wonder.

"Wyatt Oleff, Sophia Lillis, Finn Wolfhard, Jack Dylan Grazer, Chosen Jacobs, Jaeden Lieberher, and Jeremy Ray Taylor all turn up dead." He read off the news paper on the counter.

"W-What?" I trembled.

"The kids at my school had memorials even though no one knows who you are. We were told you were murdered and the murderer had been caught."

"So we're dead to the world?" He nods his head. No, no, no! Our future! "Take me to the library, please." I ask, not looking into his eyes. He nods and grabs his keys.

The car ride is silent and we pull up to a rustic library. I run up to the front desk. "Do you have anything on Mark Zanders?"

How could a man so alive be dead to the world?