Prologue

Loneliness. It's an odd concept really, an organism's constant incessant need for social interaction. It becomes a liability of sorts, especially when you are seeking the attention of the one thing that can't interact with you.

At least, that's what this online (probably not licensed) therapist told me as I read through the short article.

The website didn't exactly look reliable, not any sort of high popularity news website or even any sort of modern website at all. It was formatted like it was from 2010, with an annoyingly bright taskbar at the top, with a boxy, and albeit blurry, logo sat dead in the center. Hell, it even had little pixel sparkles that followed the mouse around.

Yep, I thought to myself as I scanned the page. Totally legit.

I slouched in my high chair slightly as I leaned onto my elbow, which by now was resting on the marble island in my kitchen.

What was I doing in here again? I shut my eyes as I tried to remember my previous task. It probably wasn't important, seeing as how I managed to slack off from it. Whatever, it's not that I really cared anyway.

I moved on from the paragraph and continued to mindlessly read through the page until I was interrupted by an ad, that took its time loading onto the screen.

I outwardly groaned. "Stupid website."

The pop-up continued to load for a good twenty seconds until a bright blue screen appeared in its place.

My mouse instinctively went to the small x in the top right-hand corner of the box

My mouse instinctively went to the small x in the top right-hand corner of the box. I scanned over the ad as my finger prepared to click it away.

"This... actually looks interesting." I said as I halted my movements. "Couldn't hurt to look."

My mouse moved down from the exit button and clicked onto the ad. It brought me to a much more modern (and much more blue, to my surprise) website.

The Help it read home android assistants that are here to accompany you and take over the tasks that take up your precious time.

These state-of-the-art artificial intelligent androids are built to look and act just like me or you but are only programmed to do one thing.

Being mildly interested in it, I explored the webpage a bit more until I was brought to a new screen.

Hell yeah, I thought.

Without thinking, I skipped over the paragraphs upon paragraphs of information about beta testing and immediately went to apply.

Filling out my information I could only think one thing, this could turn out fun.