𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡𝙨 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙧𝙮

hyunjin was stressed.

it was about a week before the boys would be coming back with their new album, i am: you, and it's just been non stop practicing for all the members. of course, their break would be soon, but right now everyone was trying their best to perfect anything wrong while they had the chance.

the brunette never thought once about the fuzzy feeling in the back of his head that morning; he just shook it off as that aforementioned stress.

what he did take into consideration, though, was how during dance practice, his feet betrayed him. it was almost like they didn't want to listen.

chan obviously noticed this. he was the leader. while being so close to promotions, every little detail stood out to the producer, including the countless times hyunjin has messed up.

combing his fingers through his hair, chan sternly looked at the taller boy. "hyunjin,' he started off, clearly annoyed, " i don't know what's going on, but you need to get it together. promotions are literally a week away. we can't afford to fuck up because of footwork problems on your behalf."

everyone went silent, only sounds heard being the pants of the members from dancing so much into the late afternoon.

hyunjin, shocked and scared, stood in place with his eyes wide. the boy was clearly on the brink of tears as he was getting yelled at.

he was always a sensitive kid. a crybaby, perhaps. but no one had ever seen him cry of such a minimal mistake.

being too stressed for his own good, chan didn't catch on.

"seriously, hyunjin! it's not only today, but yesterday as well. and even the day before! what the hell is up with you?" he shouted, the australian's anger taking him over in the blink of an eye.

just from that, the teens lips wobbled and a single tear slipped down his cheek, followed by many more quickly.

"chan, that's enough. go calm down," woojin stepped in, his voice cold and rigorous.

the leader justed huffed and stormed out of the room, shortly followed by everyone else because they didn't want to get caught up in whatever was happening.

the prince-like boy was sobbing at this point, already backing himself up against a mirror and repeatedly slipping words between each cry.

woojin made his way over to the boy, his heart breaking with every step as he walked carefully and slowly so he wouldn't startle the younger.

"hyunjin," he spoke. his voice was gentle, hyunjin hearing his name being coated in sugary sweet honey coming from his hyung.

"jinnie sorry," he sobbed, nails digging into his palms and eyes wide and teary, "jinnie no mean to mess up. am sorry."

albeit a little confused from hyunjin's words, woojin wrapped his arms around the dancer's waist and stroked his hair, something he knew calmed the boy after knowing him for years.

"angel, you did nothing wrong. it's okay. you're just a little tired and stressed. we all are."

"b-but hyungie mwad and yelleds at jinnie," he cried out, sobs slowly dying down from just the presence of the older man.

"oh jinnie, sweetheart, he's not mad at you. channie has been just as stressed and he never meant to snap at you."

woojin never failed to make a member feel at peace, to feel like they were okay and loved. it was his secret power as the oldest member, apparently. even when jisung broke down crying a couple nights ago because, "everything is just too much, hyung," woojin being in the same room helped the rapper calm down. a secret power indeed.