Chapter 3: Don't diss Wendy's.

Sometimes, I think back to that day and wonder, 'Why? Why was life so cruel? Why was it that I always seemed to draw the short stick in the game of life? Wasn't I good enough? Did I really deserve all the shit that fate had planned for me?'... And of course, now I know that fate only sets the outlines of life. It's you who defines the details for yourself.. And if I had just known what would happen to me.. Maybe I might have stayed away. Maybe, I would have stopped all the harm I had unknowingly brought upon myself. Maybe, I might have stopped my own collapse..

(Arabell)

Later in the day, when we were all so tired from running, swimming, and just mucking about, (I was, of course, more tired from chasing Lilly all around.. Really, for a fat girl, she could run like Bambi being chased by a pack of hungry wolves...) my mother decided it was time for the girls to go home.

Luckily, they had also completely about the little incident with alex, so it was petty convenient for me.

And If I was totally honest, Id say that I was sorta glad they were leaving. 

Dont get me wrong. I love all my friends to pieces.. Its just that, whenever they stay too long, we all act like toddlers on a sugar high, and that makes my mom stressed.

Stressed mom=unhappy everybody

Shes cool most of the time, but when she gets pissed, world, look out.

So, under strict orders from my mother that they were to be gone in thirty minutes, tops, they all hurridly ran upstairs and started to pack up their crud.

Naturally, I didn't lift a finger to help.

What? They had two perfectly usable limbs to work with.

Besides, sitting on my bed is a much smarter thing for me to do in my opinion.

 Like, what if there was a spontaneous underwear war? Id like to be out of the range of fire.

Out of nowhere, a pair of undergarments whacks me in the face.

Oh no, war is raging!

quickly, i dive under my sheets, slightly peeking over the top of them to see the battle unfold.

Instead, im met with not the apocalyptic undies war i was expecting, but Lizzy, looking up at me with an impatient look on her face.

"Hey Arabell, you know, instead of lounging around on your lazy ass, you could always help us before our thirty minutes is up and your mother starts whacking us with her purse. " She says

"and why are you under the sheets again?" asks Lilly

"Ehrm... Its not nap time..? whoops, my bad i guess." I say, grinning sheepishly.

"Oh perleez. She probobly thought some crazy squirrels were coming to take her to their evil squirrel laire." Katie says, not looking up from shoving her bathing suit in a plastic baggy.

My face reddens. That does seem to occur a bit too often for my liking. 

But its not really my fault. Squirrels are evil. EVIIL i tell you!

"Psh, actually thats not what I was doing. I was just simply marveling that from up here, it gives me this strange sense of power over yall. Cause, guess what? I got the high ground mateys!" I screech, waving my arms around like an octopus on crack.

"Yeah, cause being like a foot higher than everyone else, and occasionally shouting 'move faster you lazy lards' is really the only sense of power youre ever gonna feel. cause we all know bellas kind of a fail at everything." Katie snickers.