Trauma (Nico x Franklin)

"Franklin?" I whisper as I tip toe up the stairs, "Bathroom" came the muffled reply. I smiled to myself as I stepped into our bedroom and placed our mugs of tea on the bedside cabinets.

"You ready to go to bed?" I whisper as I turn around to face Franklin, he nodded as his arms wrapped around my waist.

I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck and wrapped my arms around him in return. I squeezed him tightly before letting him go and walking over to the bed.

"Goodnight my lovely Nico," he sighed as he climbed into his side of the bed. "Night, Frank" I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to take over.

*two hours later*

"There's a T-REX! THERE'S A-" I sat up abruptly in bed at the sound of Frank yelling. "Franklin, baby wake up for me. It's just a dream." I spoke quietly in what I hoped was a soothing voice as I ran my hands over his arms softly.

"Franklin," I cooed as he stopped yelling, his whimpers slowly died down before he opened his eyes slowly. "It's just me. No dinosaurs," he nodded before he pulled me down into a hug and his his face in my neck.

"Hey, shh, shh. It's okay, it's alright." Running my hands through his hair I took a quick glance at the clock, 1 a.m.

"I'm sorry," my movements stopped at his words, "I'm so sorry, you don't deserve this. You don't deserve to be woken up at all hours of the morning to look after a grown man who is having a nightmare!"

"Look at me, Frankie." I said sternly, forcing him to look into my eyes, the moonlight peaking through the curtains  casting enough light into the room for us to see each other. "What do you mean I don't deserve this? I always thought I deserved to be with a man I love with all my heart?" 

"You do, but-" I shook my head, "No buts!" I scold him lightly, "I love you, with all my damn heart. I deserve you, nightmares and all. Do you want to stay up and have hot chocolate?" I asked him, he nodded before saying "I don't want to keep you up, Nico, you go back to sleep baby. You've got work tomorrow."

"If you can't sleep, neither can I." 

After I made the hot chocolate and poured it into two travel mugs I pulled our winter coats out of the hallway closet and walked back up the stairs holding the coats in my arms.

"Hey, what- why have you got our coats out?" I shrugged my shoulders, "I thought we could go for a walk? Try and make you sleepy?" I suggested.

"I love you, so much Nico." Franklin smiled as he got out of the bed and walked over to me, he pressed a kiss to my forehead and took his coat from my arm.

"I love you too," I giggle as I follow him down the stairs where he tried to slip his trainers on but ended up nearly slipping in the dark. "Turn a light on, I thought you were meant to be the smarter one in this relationship?" I laughed as I flipped the light switch to illuminate the hallway.

"Not always, this is a fair relationship remember? With equal opportunities!" I shook my head, "Such a dork."

After an hour of silence as we walked around the park, Franklin finally spoke up. "Thank you for this"

"You don't need to-" he shook his head at me, "No, I do. I need to thank you. I, as a gentleman, need to make sure you understand exactly how much I care about you, and appreciate you, especially these past few weeks since. Well, since... Y'know."

"I know how much you appreciate me, you tell me every day, I care about you just as much as you care about me, if not more. I also appreciate you a lot too, I love you and I always will. I'm always going to be here, regardless of if you need me or not."

"My angel"

cinnamoncrumblezz here you go my lovely, I'm sorry it's so short! I had quite a good idea for the nightmare thing set after the film buuuuut as you can see it didn't exactly work out as planned :(

I hope you enjoy it regardless, otherwise I'll try it again.

Like this imagine? Want to see more? Buy me a Ko-fi! Link in my bio. A great way to support your favourite authors on any platform (if they have an account with Ko-fi) and all for the price of a coffee!   

Until the next time,
Jess. Xxx