16

Calum sat on the counter while I cleaned him up. "Is that too much?" I ask at wincing Calum. "No. You're fine. It just really hurts." "I bet it does." I sigh, dabbing his lip. "If my lips weren't so swollen, I would kiss you so hard right now." Calum giggled. "Even when you're in pain you're cheeky." I say. "You know I fought back, right?" "That's not what you told the police!" "Shhhhh! I don't want to be stuck in jail! I wouldn't see you everyday." "You won't be stuck in jail for self defense, Cal." "Well still! I'd have some lame consequence." "Done."

Calum examined his lip in the mirror. He gave himself a nod and slowly slid off the counter. "How's your stomach?" "Still sore. Maybe a milkshake and some cuddles could help." He said with a wide grin. "Okay, your highness. I'll make you a milkshake. You just go and sit your royal butt on the couch." I mock.

As the milkshake was blending, I glanced over at Calum. I thought to myself: 'Classes start in two days. All I have been doing is surrounding myself with distracting boys and drama.' I was doing the complete opposite of what I wanted to do. 'Calum and the guys are great. Get serious tomorrow.' I made a mental note in my head and poured Calum's milkshake in a glass. I handed it to Calum and snuggled next to him.

"So, you doing anything tomorrow?" I ask. "Something with you, hopefully." He took a sip of his milkshake. "Good, because we are going back to school shopping." "This isn't 5 grade, Codi." "I know. But I need things, you probably need things. I'll even take you out to lunch. My treat." Calum tilted his head back and sighed. "Fine."

We watched tv for a bit and Calum spoke up. "You liked the song." "What song?" "You know. The one I wrote for you." "Oh yea. I didn't like it." "What?" "I loved it." Then I kissed Calum on the cheek. "This is making it hard not to kiss you." Calum giggled.