Chapter 3- I Want An Apology.

3rd person P.O.V

"You don't know anything about me.." Tony added, a bit quieter. Crossing his arms and looking down at the ground, avoiding eye contact.

 Steve sighed, then placing a hand on Tony's shoulder. "Tony.. I know a lot of things about you.. And one of those things is that.. You shouldn't be left alone for long periods of time." 

Tony looked up at the tall blonde, and blinked. "What good.. Is this unnecessary sympathy doing for you..? Why do you even care..?" And with those last words, Tony kept his composure. Staying strong in front of his former 'friend'. However Steve knew what he was waiting to hear.. He didn't want to hear excuses. He wanted an apology. Yet in all stubbornness, what was he supposed to apologize for? 

"You can either, A, apologize, or B, get out.." Tony sighed, having a sip of his drink. 

Steve sat there, silent..

"Well? What will it be, Rogers?" Tony said impatiently, cocking an eyebrow. Yet to his surprise, he still stayed quiet.

This annoyed Tony, and just as he was about to snap, Steve finally replied with a quiet "I apologize for past issues between us, Tony. Especially the ones that were on my part to fix in the first place.."

Yet with exactly what Tony wanted to hear, it was too good to be true. So, Tony finally cracked. 

"You don't mean that.. Do you....?"   Steve finally sighed, returning eye contact. "I do." 

"No you don't! Stop lying  to me..!" Tony snapped.  "Well what more am I supposed to say..?" 

And with those words, Tony shook his head. "I want an apology.." Tony started, "A sincere one.. One that you actually mean.." 

"I gave you- A sincere one."  Steve replied, starting to get a tad fed up with this little game of 'yes I did, no you didn't'.   "No. No you did not.. I could tell.."

"Okay.. I'm sorry, I'm done. I tried apologizing but it's not working. So I'm just going to take my leave." Steve added, getting up and walking to the door. 

"Goodbye Tony."

Don't say goodbye.. What if there's no 'next time'..?

Damn.. Did I really not say anything out loud..? I just.. Sat there..? 

Great. Just great.